Arkansas State (2/28/13)

CMJ

I think the biggest frustration has been watching players like TM, and others, this season visibly show lack of effort. Certainly that was triggered by a new staff that implemented new ideas.

These new ideas and approach now seem to have been in conflict with the inflated view of some players self worth over the summer And an attitude of 'why should I listen to this new coach, I have done pretty well doing things the old way'.

After a couple of early losses, the lack of commitment and buy in to the new staff was visibly evident on the court. Players not hustling, not closing out on defense, not helping out when a player got beat, lack of flow and sharing the ball on offense, stamping one's feet and flailing arms when the ball doesn't come to you, etc...

Through all of this the staff seems to have learned a few things about the players as well as themselves and made a few improvements. The staff also seems to have held firm with the players and doled out discipline when needed. A few key players seem to be finally buying in, unfortunately it took a lot longer than one would have hoped, but it is obvious when personal agendas are set aside, there is a tremendous amount of talent on this team as evidenced by the easy dismantling of the western division champs the other night.

The odds are stacked against them, but hopefully this team can continue its recent momentum. I would like to see them at least have a chance to play MT.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Wow for a group of people who make some of the most smart Alec comments someone certainly does not get sarcasm...

No - you've consistently been too stupid to play the sarcasm card. You can have it back when you delete 2 screen names.

• Upvote 3

No - you've consistently been too stupid to play the sarcasm card. You can have it back when you delete 2 screen names.

I have one screen name. Ayone who thinks otherwise is an idoit. I am not trying to be rude but I find the ignorance of some of the posts around here is laughable. I have one account. But thanks.... I do not have to stoop to off color jokes or a joke about the human anotomy to get a good laugh. But of course I am an adult.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have one screen name. Ayone who thinks otherwise is an idoit. I am not trying to be rude but I find the ignorance of some of the posts around here is laughable. I have one account. But thanks.... I do not have to stoop to off color jokes or a joke about the human anotomy to get a good laugh. But of course I am an adult.

Or adult(s).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You are right. Your basketball opinions alone have caused me to roll on the floor with laughter on many occasions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You are right. I could never be this funny and you don't even try. Humbled.

Edited by Quoner