Biggest UNT Spring Positional Battles

Harry

maybe I missed it, but one name I have not seen in this thread on DT's is Dylan Mcdorman. (spell check on his name) Connor brought him home a few weeks ago with Shaun Mckinney....first both are great kids....but I could tell Dylan has some nasty...I am anxious to see him this spring.

Good info Truss and I agree. He's going to be hard to move.

Obviously, all positions should be up for grabs; but I see only a few positions that won't be heavily contested. Orr and Akunne at linebackers, Chancellor at wr, and Y'Barbo, Johnson and Lemon in the ol are the only players I see that won't have a lot of competition.

QB: Thompson, Berglund and don't forget Dan's favorite McNulty

That's kind of a funny thought. With all of the talk about DT vs. BB, wouldn't it be funny if McNulty blew everybody away and won the starting job over both of them?

McNukty should change positions in Spring ball.

Riley had a cannon compared to McNulty

Spring ball will ferret things out. Let's let nature take its course. I'm one of those who thinks a lot of people are rushing to judgement on McNulty. He got thrown to the wolves as a true freshman against a stout Tulsa team on the road for goodness sakes...

Now he's had an entire offseason in what I consider a very good program with Wentrich. McNulty's offseason weight and agility reports have been superb. He brings some mobility to the position and seems like a smart kid ---very dedicated.

Plus he still holds the distinction of scoring the first touchdown in Apogee stadium...that should count for something right?

Spring ball will ferret things out. Let's let nature take its course. I'm one of those who thinks a lot of people are rushing to judgement on McNulty. He got thrown to the wolves as a true freshman against a stout Tulsa team on the road for goodness sakes...

Now he's had an entire offseason in what I consider a very good program with Wentrich. McNulty's offseason weight and agility reports have been superb. He brings some mobility to the position and seems like a smart kid ---very dedicated.

Plus he still holds the distinction of scoring the first touchdown in Apogee stadium...that should count for something right?

nah.

• Upvote 1

If he earns it, then so be it. I don't care who wins it as long as the one who earns it in practice translates it into success on the game day playing field.

We are all thinking bb will win the job, but if mcnulty out works him and earns it, the so be it. He brings his lunch pail every workout. That is the point of competition.... Playing time will be earned by someone. If it is mcnulty, then so be it.

• Upvote 1

looking at other schools spring training it seems to me NT has a week less than most other schools. why is that?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/15/fbs-college-football-2013-spring-football-dates/1922431/

I think it deals more with the number of practices over an “X” period of days.

It also looks like some might be stopping

for Spring Break

• Upvote 1