Ticket Conversation this morning

untjim1995

George apparently talked Craig Miller out of coming up to Denton to watch a game because we "aren't very good". We went from being billed as a top 25 team at the beginning of the season to the play-by-play game announcer telling his former roommate to not really go watch his team. Thanks Benford and RV.

• Upvote 5

George apparently talked Craig Miller out of coming up to Denton to watch a game because we "aren't very good". We went from being billed as a top 25 team at the beginning of the season to the play-by-play game announcer telling his former roommate to not really go watch his team. Thanks Benford and RV.

I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think anyone in the media had us as top25. Mid Major top25? Maybe, but not overall.

• Upvote 1

I can't be mad at George - I feel the same way. After talking up this team in the offseason - it makes you look foolish to take a friend. They will feel like you lied to them.

I completely agree with you. It just makes you laugh at how ridiculous it sounds to think of our team as a potential Top 25 program, even though the returning talent made so many others believe it was very possible or probable. Then, we lost to Alabama-Huntsville...

Not arguing with any of the previous posts. But disappointed that George and Craig would share it on air. In the context of a sports opinion, ok, that's what they do., But for the voice of the Mean Green telling somebody not to come because we aren't "very good" and taking it public is another.

Edited by Green Dozer

Not arguing with any of the previous posts. But disappointed that George and Craig would share it on air. In the context of a sports opinion, ok, that's what they do., But for the voice of the Mean Green telling somebody not to come because we aren't "very good" and taking it public is another.

I get the whole don't do it on the air thing, but it is a good example of even one of the most ardent UNT supports not wanting to bring people this year because he told them how good UNT would be this year and doesn't want them to see what this has turned into.

I stopped asking people to come around Jan. 1. Why? because I want them to want to come back.

• Upvote 3

I get the whole don't do it on the air thing, but it is a good example of even one of the most ardent UNT supports not wanting to bring people this year because he told them how good UNT would be this year and doesn't want them to see what this has turned into.

I stopped asking people to come around Jan. 1. Why? because I want them to want to come back.

Shame on him for telling the truth & not wrapping himself in Mean Green excuses for failure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shame on him for telling the truth & not wrapping himself in Mean Green excuses for failure.

I wasn't saying he needs to make excuses. It was just the context was all I was questioning. TIGreen was kind enough to post an explanation. But the ad nor his staff should not be publicly negative to the players or coaches. What they share in private is their business. So please go back to scooping stories from the other board and posting them here.. Gees! Edited by Green Dozer

Craig brought it up...George jumped him about doing that....then tried to perform damage control, saying something like, "oh, weren't you choosing between something semi-important and the LeHigh-UNT game so I told you to choose the important thing". Craig argued back, saying George just told him "don't bother coming".

George was not happy that Craig shared it. It was obviously not George's intent to ever let that get out. Fact remains, our play-by-play guy, and one of the most optimistic of all Mean Green faithful was just like the rest of us....beaten down by how badly this team has underachieved.

Thanks 90, we agree. And TIGreen01, thank you for further explaining, I understand now.

• Upvote 1

Craig brought it up...George jumped him about doing that....then tried to perform damage control, saying something like, "oh, weren't you choosing between something semi-important and the LeHigh-UNT game so I told you to choose the important thing". Craig argued back, saying George just told him "don't bother coming".

George was not happy that Craig shared it. It was obviously not George's intent to ever let that get out. Fact remains, our play-by-play guy, and one of the most optimistic of all Mean Green faithful was just like the rest of us....beaten down by how badly this team has underachieved.

I would think those segments are pretty well planned.

Either way, feel bad for George.

I can't wait for a segment about us not sucking at something. We had several of those heading into the basketball season about this team.

Hard to imagine when that will happen again.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

I feel George's pain. I bragged to so many people about this team preseason.

It really sucked when one of my fraternity brothers came up to me in December, and he Started bustin my balls. His exact words were along the lines of, "I believed you that this team was gonna be good. I can't believe you lied to me. I told everyone they would be good because that's what you told me." All I could say was I'm sorry. Can I get you a shot?

I feel George's pain. I bragged to so many people about this team preseason.

It really sucked when one of my fraternity brothers came up to me in December, and he Started bustin my balls. His exact words were along the lines of, "I believed you that this team was gonna be good. I can't believe you lied to me. I told everyone they would be good because that's what you told me." All I could say was I'm sorry. Can I get you a shot?

Brother from another school or just complete and total douche bag?

• Upvote 6

I can't be mad at George - I feel the same way. After talking up this team in the offseason - it makes you look foolish to take a friend. They will feel like you lied to them.

I feel like Benford lied to me.

It's towards the end of the show. They're talking about how Craig Miller announced in December that it was a goal of his to go to at least one game for every college basketball team in the area. So far, he has not gone to any.

Going to actual sporting events would cut into his cycling time.

Can't blame anyone for not going now. With the price of gas going up, that and actually buying a ticket would be two nutshots. I get kicked in the nuts enough.

Edited by Rudy