Jermaine Antoine “I will decide tonight”

Harry

I just got off the phone with Jermaine Antoine, the Louisiana
cornerback who has been committed to UNT for a few weeks. I also talked
with his head coach Trent Delahoussaye this afternoon.

A few outlets are reporting that Antoine has flipped to TCU. Delahoussaye also told me that Antoine is flipping to TCU.

Antoine told me that he wants to talk things through with his parents tonight.

After a while one tends to get a feeling about the way things are
going to go with players. I would be surprised if the Louisiana Class 2A
all-state selection does not end up at TCU at this point.

Delahoussaye pretty much told me that is the way this is going to go,
especially in the wake of Justin Gaines leaving UNT’s staff.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/02/jermaine-antoine-i-will-decide-tonight.html/

I don't believe he would sit in Ft. Worth. If he would be such a big impact here, why would he sit in Ft Worth?

Im going with the fact that he would probably start or play ALOT his freshman year in denton, in ft worth he will probably have to sit behind other's for a while. Hell maybe he wont but just trying to make a general observation as i see it.

Im going with the fact that he would probably start or play ALOT his freshman year in denton, in ft worth he will probably have to sit behind other's for a while. Hell maybe he wont but just trying to make a general observation as i see it.

It's possible he would start here and redishirt @ TCU... or vice-versa!

And I don't mean to single you out, but that seems to be a pervading thought around here... like we're so terrible, that a starter-caliber guy for UNT would ride pine at TCU. I'd be willing to bet that TCU would love to have Brelan Chancellor or other guys we have here starting for them.

• Upvote 2

It is not a verbal contract. These verbals are non-binding, therefore not a contract.

So, let's set up a comparison here for you.

You pay $100 for your kid to play football. You buy him pads, helmet, gear and spend hours teaching him how to play. He makes it through three practices and decides he's no longer interested. Since he's used the equipment, you can't return it and you don't get your $100 back. He decides he wants to play baseball now and puts up a fit until you let him play.

Do you condone that kind of behavior?

You pay $100 for your kid to play football. You buy him pads, helmet, gear and spend hours teaching him how to play. He makes it through three practices and decides he's no longer interested. Since he's used the equipment, you can't return it and you don't get your $100 back. He decides he wants to play baseball now and puts up a fit until you let him play.

No.

But this scenario is more akin to Devante Davis' situation, and not Anoine's.

That is a completely different situation. I don't see how this is remotely the same. I would probably allow him to back out. He is a just a kid and kids don't know what they are getting into. I would make him earn the $100 back, assuming that he asked to be in football to begin with. Either way, this is a terrible comparison.