ILB Andy Flusche, 6-3, 235 Muenster

Harry

"LB Andy Flusche, Muenster

Let’s move down to 1A, where there’s a linebacker that I don’t think enough people are paying attention to. Flusche is, if you ask me, a linebacker’s linebacker: he’s got tremendous size (6-3, 230), he’s got great production (120 tackles) and outstanding ball skills (4 INTs), and he’s got excellent closing speed. Literally the only thing keeping him from being one of the state’s better linebacker recruits is that he plays at a school with an enrollment of 142. But ball don’t lie, and Andy Flusche can play."

The people in Muenster are very loyal and dedicated to their school and football. Hopefully a bunch of them will want to follow the local star and head to Denton on Saturdays.

Wonder if they would be kind enough to deliver product from the meat market, or at least let me tailgate with them.

• Upvote 1

Well, I wasn't just referring to this class (which has 4 or so LBs and still recruiting Woods). I am trying to figure out where they all fit and who is going to play on the D-line since we don't recruit defensive linemen.

Yeah, I gotcha. Had a feeling that's what you meant.

But our current LBs are either too short to play D-End or too small weight wise. We did move Jarrian Roberts, a freshman who just redshirted, to defensive end. I like his potential at 6'2" and 250 lbs or so to be a good player for us on the line.

I talked to Muenster coach Brady Carney (a UNT grad btw) today about Andy. He said he Andy is joining UNT as a preferred walk on.

Flusche was a pretty good tight end in high school, too. He frequently dunks before basketball games. He is extremely athletic for his size. Look for him to work his way up in his career.

Edited by Keith7
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...