Arkansas State (2/2/13)

CMJ

As bad as Benford has been this year you can't put this one on him. This one is on the players, when you miss 2 fts in the last 30 secs and give up FIVE shots on one possession you don't deserve to win the game. You have to step on their throats when you have the chance.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Not to beat this dead, buried, and turned into lunchmeat horse but.....

ULL scored 52 points in a nineteen point loss to Troy tonight.

In other words the amount of points they scored tonight is less than the amount of points they scored against us minus the points they scored tonight.

That shouldn't be possible.....yet is.

• Upvote 1

That isn't always an automatic foul situation. Can't fault that. You will find the best coaches in the business debate that as being a smart move.

Iowa state had the same situation against no. 1 Kansas- same result. A loss. I will take the ball out with a 1 point lead and 3-4 sec left.

• Upvote 1

Actually, Harry is spot on. I think our average was close to 50% tonight.

You should have been with me in the chat room...got blistered for mentioning FT's...seriously I warn you for your own good! Don't dare to have a different view...remember, this is a discussion board ONLY if you agree with the "usual suspects". It really is no fun anymore...in the BB thread that is...going to leave it with you until some folks can grow up and halfway respect other views and/or lines of discussion. Just not worth the effort. I will stick to reading only for awhile longer.

Good night Irene!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

I think the bottom line here is that we stink and attendance numbers will reflex that . Also, we are losing everything jj built. I'm afraid recruiting will start to suffer as well...... Basketball season use to be so much fun.

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Geez,

Obviously, free throws hurt NT badly tonight, the topic in the Chat was whether are not NT is a good free throw shooting team: two different things

When it goes bad, it goes bad; NT had this won until a horrible finish

Benford went off in post game interview about fans who thought team was not playing hard,. I agree those fans are wrong, but Benford has bigger things to worry about

Frankly, at this point, wins and loses make little difference

Getting team JJ ready for the tournament is the objective

NT is certainly not getting any help from the referees this year

That late goal tending call was awful, you don't call something after the play because Brady said to

There are some positives, Jordan Williams is turning into a pretty good ball player

• Upvote 3

Don't say anything about FT's...you will get blistered! Took a mighty beating in the chat room when I dared to bring that up! Ha! True...don 't mention FT's...I was told in no uncertain terms that we are great at the line...and don't even discuss it again! Serious!

Edit: see what I mean...already got a -1 for mentioning it. Some folks have no sense of humor and can't handle a different view...I am convinced that this is no longer a discussion board when it comes to this team....so, better to just read...unless you agree with the "usual suspects" that is...see ya! Remember...we are great at the FT line and it does not matter as we hit 70 percent..and always hit with the game on the line...just ask...they will tell you so.

Your opinion -- that free throw shooting is a "lost art" at UNT -- was attacked because it is incompatible with the fact that UNT leads the conference in free throw shooting % prior to tonight (I have not seen the numbers updated after tonight) and people quickly pointed that out to you in the chat, which seemed to rub you the wrong way. We were referencing actual statistics and you were just reacting to what was happening in the moment. No one is attacking you solely for having a dissenting opinion, and no one is arguing that we were great from the line tonight. We clearly were not. (56.5%)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Your opinion -- that free throw shooting is a "lost art" at UNT -- was attacked because it is incompatible with the fact that UNT leads the conference in free throw shooting % prior to tonight (I have not seen the numbers updated after tonight) and people quickly pointed that out to you in the chat, which seemed to rub you the wrong way. We were referencing actual statistics and you were just reacting to what was happening in the moment. No one is attacking you solely for having a dissenting opinion, and no one is arguing that we were great from the line tonight. We clearly were not. (56.5%)

-------------------------------------------------------

Yep...percentages always win games...can you hit them when they count...seems to me that is what matters and helps determine a good FT shooting team Vs a so-so FT shooting team. When the game today was on the line and KU was up late OSU hit their shots from the line...in fact 2 late FT's made it happen for OSU....they hit them when it mattered ... Seems UNT has not when it mattered this year for whatever reason...cue UNT90....it is all Benford's fault....OSU won late..UNT did not...FT's mattered. OK, everyone wins..UNT is a great FT shooting team because the stats say so.....let me see....hit when the game is on the line...who cares? We avg. 70 percent. Trust me, I get it...now and forever....we are a GREAT FT shooting team! Best ever....I swear I will forever not mention it again...I have been 100percent convinced...you guys are correct. Never did claim to be a BB expert...I have been corrected and I get it. Thanks all for showing me the light.

Yes...more than a little sarcasm here...just frustrated with the entire season. It is the players...it is not the players...it is the coach ... It is not he coach... It is the injuries ...it is not the injuries ... It is the care factor ... It is not the care factor ... It is the FT shooting ... It is not the FT shooting ... Who the heck really knows what it is...I do ... It is all of the above! It is a bunch of everything.

Now, who will be the first to cut and paste parts of the above as a quote to make it seem I said something I did not? Waiting...but only reading now....

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You should have been with me in the chat room...got blistered for mentioning FT's...seriously I warn you for your own good! Don't dare to have a different view...remember, this is a discussion board ONLY if you agree with the "usual suspects". It really is no fun anymore...in the BB thread that is...going to leave it with you until some folks can grow up and halfway respect other views and/or lines of discussion. Just not worth the effort. I will stick to reading only for awhile longer.

Good night Irene!

That's what you said two posts ago.

• Upvote 1

Good night Irene!

Come on KRAM, stop being such a drama queen. Your opinion is in the minority right now, so you are going to get challenged on it. Don't take it personally. It's a college message board.

Oh, did I mention that we will never win with this disaster as our head coach?

• Upvote 3

Geez,

Benford went off in post game interview about fans who thought team was not playing hard,. I agree those fans are wrong, but Benford has bigger things to worry about

Agree.

The game before that it was the comments about the UL bench baiting Tony into a T. Let's focus the issues on what happens on our bench & not the other team's

It's kind of ironic. The only ones who have blasted the players lack of effort , are the ones who have been Benford's biggest supporters