Key UNT recruit taking a visit to local rival this weekend

Harry

Jermaine Antoine, one of UNT’s key recruits, is taking his visit to TCU this weekend after all.

Antoine committed to UNT on Jan. 23 and said at the time that he would not visit TCU.

I talked to Loreauville (La.) High head coach Trent Delahoussaye this afternoon. He confirmed that Antoine is headed to Fort Worth.

Delahoussaye said that TCU has yet to offer and that Antoine has assured him that he is sticking with UNT. Delahoussaye is in UNT’s corner and said that Justin Gaines and Noah Joseph have done a great job with Antoine.

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/01/key-unt-recruit-taking-a-visit-to-local-rival-this-weekend.html/

If he backs out.... we need to really consider sticking stronger with Texas high schools and players. If he assures his coach his is committed and sticking with UNT then why even attend the visit?

Because he's looking for an offer that's not there.

He's committed to us out of all of his offers. Let's hope TCU does not offer.

• Upvote 1

This is one of the reasons I have mixed feelings when a
school backs out of an offer. The athletes will keep looking for something “better”
even after the make a verbal commitment; why shouldn’t the universities keep
looking also and pull the offers if they find someone that fits their needs
more.

• Upvote 1

This is one of the reasons I have mixed feelings when a

school backs out of an offer. The athletes will keep looking for something “better”

even after the make a verbal commitment; why shouldn’t the universities keep

looking also and pull the offers if they find someone that fits their needs

more.

Who would fit our needs more than him...that is interested in coming to UNT?

This is the nature of the beast. This is big boy recruiting.

I'd rather have this situation than have a class filled with guys that no other schools want. Those guys can turn out good and all, but those guys are the exceptions, not the rule.

As for Jermaine, I really want him in this class and he'll help us immensely, but let him go on the visit. Recruiting is a once-in-a-lifetime process so he should get to enjoy while he has the chance. If TCU offers and he chooses them, we would only have ourselves to blame.

It's our fault we have had eight straight losing seasons, meanwhile they've had multiple 10 win season including two BCS games and a Rose Bowl win.

• Upvote 2