La. Tech looking forward to North Texas rivalry

Harry

"I don't want to speak for the conference, but when Charlotte and Old Dominion are up and running with their football programs, there's a good chance for Southern Miss to shift to the west (division).

"I'm excited about that relationship because the competition goes back decades. We also have a chance to develop new rivalries, like with North Texas."

Van De Velde serves on the league's television committee, and he said Tech has an opportunity to bundle games not picked up C-USA's television partners (ESPN, CBS and Fox Sports).

"Maybe there are one or two games that won't be picked up by (C-USA) partners, now the university has the opportunity to bundle and sell them," Van De Velde said. "We might take the leftover football games and put them with four or five basketball games and televise them statewide, like with Fox Sports New Orleans.

"The WAC didn't give us that opportunity. Exposure is tremendous in recruiting and fundraising."

Is there a possibility of having a neutral site game with La Tech?

Why not? Reliant Stadium works.

no no no no no no no....the beauty of college games is visiting the schools campus and stadium. i don't want to play neurtral site games. i wouldn't drive to houston to watch them play in reliant...too big of a stadium. our schools...our stadiums...that's where it should be played

• Upvote 1

Why don't we start by selling out our respective stadiums for these games before even thinking about playing it at a neutral site.

First things first guys!

Correctamundo. Pack our stadiums and build a rivalry, and then maybe think about a game in Shreveport or somewhere down the road. Not sure either one of us would travel well enough to justify a neutral site game anytime soon.

I agree on all counts. A neutral site would be a great sign of selling out our respective stadiums, but let's get to that point first. And the SMU State Fair game would be AWESOME. I also enjoy playing Miss Southerns, as a good time is always had on both sides, but I think we may be talking about different things here.

• Upvote 1