• 2 months later...

Round the bend crazy, here.

Home:

Idaho - win

Ball St. - loss

MTSU - loss

Rice - loss

UTEP - loss

UTSA - win (it freaking better be a win. A loss in this game could be a fireable offense)

Away:

Ohio - loss

Georgia - loss

La. Tech - loss

So. Miss. - loss

Tulane - win

Tulsa - loss

A much more realistic view. If things go perfect, we could also win So. Miss, La. Tech, and UTEP. But if things had gone perfect last year, I counted 8 wins. We got 4. Based on that half theory, I have 3 wins. Things rarely go perfect for any team in a football playing season.

I think people on here really underestimate the increased competition level of CUSA.

I love you UNT90

• Upvote 4

I love you UNT90

Kinda missed with the whole "increased competition theory.

In my feeble defense, I did say if things went perfectly (which they have) we could reach 6 wins.

Definitely did not see the Ball St win. That was a good football team we beat.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Something I think we also need to remember is that we are returning a very experienced team, we were extremely young last year and will have a lot of returning starters. If you're expectations are below 6-6 you need to raise those...

We have what I consider one 'unwinnable' game against Georgia, and two more very tough road games against Tulsa and La. tech... Outside of that, we should consider every other opponent an even match in my book...

I stand by this...

obviously i whiffed on Tulsa and La. Tech... but I stand by this...

• 1 month later...

I see Runner was terrorizing us almost a year ago at this time.

Just about EVERYONE had us beating UTSA and most beating Tulane.

A lot of us myself included had us losing to La Tech, but one guy did point out their youth and new coaching transition.

I hope that dude didn't throw himself into the Ecuadorian volcano after our loss to UTSA.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Without re-reading to check, I think I said 7, possibly 8 wins. I had us beating Tulane and UTSA but losing to La Tech, Rice, and Tulsa, but possibly pulling one of those off. So my total was about right, though which games we won/lost was way off in conference play.

Luckily, I changed my expectations for pick 'ems as the season wore on (but still got Tulane and UTSA wrong).

HOME:

W Idaho

W Ball State

W Middle Tennessee

W Rice

W UTEP

W UTSA

AWAY:

L at Ohio

L at Georgia

L at Louisiana Tech

W at Southern Miss

W at Tulane

L at Tulsa

8-4 and a good bowl

+/-8

wow... I was a lot closer than I remembered being. What I can't figure out anymore, is how I came to think we'd lose against La Tech.

Edited by outoftown