TCU: Let's Play North Texas

Harry

Outside of one writer's wishes or opinions, is TCU a possible opponent in the near future? With the ever changing landscape of college football in mind, is it on the radar? Would someone like TCU be better for UNT, maybe not financially, than Texas, Georgia, LSU, ect...

I know we have SMU and Army on the books which will be great for attendance. They are both more in our league talent wise from what I have seen. Maybe not. Thoughts?

Edited by UNTexas

Not on your main campus.

enrollment for the main UH campus in 2012 is 40,747.......so the main UH campus is 4,993 students large than the Denton campus of north Texas

http://www.uh.edu/ir/reports/facts-at-a-glance/Fall_2012_Facts.pdf

here are the enrollments for the other UH components for 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Houston_System

Actually...we're the 3rd largest with over 41,000...

And what has that done for UH who was once in the mighty Southwest Conference only to get jump-kicked out of that league because of those who left and a school that is now treading water (with the rest of the Go5) in a conference which your leaders still have no clue whatsoever what the TV revenues will be after 2013?

And after UH has "Big Timed" all the other Big Least members to the point of ad nausem; that is, when UH is no longer good enough for that conference, where the hell

do yall go next-- a nice long swim in muddy, murky Buffalo Bayou?

enrollment for the main UH campus in 2012 is 40,747.......so the main UH campus is 4,993 students large than the Denton campus of north Texas

http://www.uh.edu/ir/reports/facts-at-a-glance/Fall_2012_Facts.pdf

here are the enrollments for the other UH components for 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Houston_System

Your shortest post EVER. Congrats.

• Upvote 1

And what has that done for UH who was once in the mighty Southwest Conference only to get jump-kicked out of that league because of those who left and a school that is now treading water (with the rest of the Go5) in a conference which your leaders still have no clue whatsoever what the TV revenues will be after 2013?

And after UH has "Big Timed" all the other Big Least members to the point of ad nausem; that is, when UH is no longer good enough for that conference, where the hell

do yall go next-- a nice long swim in muddy, murky Buffalo Bayou?

Are you playing in a conference with an AQ bid? Didn't think so. Are you playing in a conference that have bowl tie-ins with other big boy schools (not counting the Liberty Bowl which takes whoever draws the shortest straw between a 6-6 big 12 or a 6-6 SEC team?) Didn't think so. Are you able to defeat any former SWC school? Didn't think so.

Know your role. If us or SMU really wanted to be associated with the likes of you, we would have stayed in the Sun Belt 2.0 CUSA. Don't come at me looking for trouble. I have kept my nose clean for the last few months plus it would be a fight you have absolutely no chance of winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Are you playing in a conference with an AQ bid? Didn't think so. Are you playing in a conference that have bowl tie-ins with other big boy schools (not counting the Liberty Bowl which takes whoever draws the shortest straw between a 6-6 big 12 or a 6-6 SEC team?) Didn't think so. Are you able to defeat any former SWC school? Didn't think so.

Know your role. If us or SMU really wanted to be associated with the likes of you, we would have stayed in the Sun Belt 2.0 CUSA. Don't come at me looking for trouble. I have kept my nose clean for the last few months plus it would be a fight you have absolutely no chance of winning.

Neither are YOU. You are a kid speaking of WE playing. You are a never has been arm chair quarterback trolling a university fan website that you failed at and ran home. However, YOU are always on this site which speaks leaps and bounds about your pathetic existence of not having a life. Very pathetic, unless of course you consider online dating of a Notre Dame linebacker a life. Not judging, whatever blows your hair back kid. I think some day we will find out you are Teos' missing girlfriend due to your ample time worrying about others online. You are a gem in mom's basement.

FYI, SMU & UNT have several games on the books so I guess they are associated with us contractually speaking. I am sure it pains the masses.

Now champ, you may go. It's time to go play somewhere else. Mom, meatloaf.

Your posts are funny, You make it sound like UH and SMU are running their tables and that is far from the truth. The Big East is on very very thin ice. Even playing in an AQ conference won't make a difference because Houston and SMU won't get to a BCS game much less win one and they'll be losing that AQ bid at some point very soon. I understand the love of your school and being a blowhard but at least be realistic for once.

You may not have a choice but to associate with us, which is completely hilarious. UH and SMU are in a worse position than we are, at this point. You're in an East Coast based conference with a bunch of SBC-level schools like us with no TV contract. LMAO!

I think its funny that a UH fan comes on here to talk crap about us when we have done nothing but point out the huge questions about the new Big East and why CUSA's travel and regional advantages are still in place. UH and SMU may do great in the new Big East and make millions upon millions while playing in that new league. You both may be bowling at even higher levels, as well as seeing your hoops teams get a huge boost. But you know what? Maybe you won't either. No matter what happens, though, this stepup to CUSA, even without you, SMU, Tulane, or Tulsa, is still a nice stepup for us. And just like UH, we joined a conference that we thought would be even more attractive than it has turned out to be, but it doesn't mean it isn't the right one for both of us. At UNT, we are only pointing out that you and SMU aren't getting that great of a deal in your new Big East CUSA 3.0, not saying that it isn't as good as SBCUSA. We get that yall are still playing teams in your conference that have decent name recognition over ours--just not enough to really make the turnstiles break from over usage. And that's why we have to question why you guys refuse to get the qualities behind a regional conference that benefitted you both greatly over the years.

I get that you guys were SWC royalty in this state. If Rice had done squat in football in the 60s or 70s, its probable that they would've blocked yall from joining the SWC, just like the Metroplex privates basically did to us in the late 70s, just to protect their market, but since they sucked big time, the rest of the SWC recognized that they needed better exposure in that market and that yall had great success in football and mens hoops. We werent as fortunate. But, since the SWC breakup and the moveup of UNT back to I-A in 1995, all of us that are not in the Big XII have had to watch us basically fall off the Texas Sports radar. Only TCU made their way back to relevance and that took unprecedented success as a non-AQ and the second biggest team in the state leaving to get them in the conference that really matters to fans and media around here. Not UH, not SMU, not Rice, not UTEP, not us...none of us. This is why you have heard little ol' North Texas blowing the horn on playing regional teams in OOC and to look at the benefits of adding another local team to your regional conference. This is our advantage over you all--we've never been allowed to sit at a conference table with local teams as a FBS team, until now. Our fans are going to love this, even if Tulsa and Tulane leave. And if we add in ULL--as I think we will--they are a better athletic department right now than Tulane, just as La Tech is a huge stepup over ULM. We get UTEP, UTSA, and Rice in state, meaning we have games in the biggest markets in the state every single year. Yall don't. Your fans still get games with SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, UCF, ECU, and Memphis, plus you'll get USF, Navy, and Temple, as well as Cincy and UConn until they leave eventually. Our fans would be ecstatic about that schedule, but it still doesn't solve the the problem of increased travel costs, media relevance, or being left on the outside of the AQ cartel. And, as we saw with Northern Illinois making the Orange Bowl, unless you are truly worthy of being a non-AQ in one of those bowl games by being an unbeaten team, all the media does is make fun of you for being given a bone and cries about how ridiculous it is for you to be in that game. So, as far as knowing your place, we certainly know what ours has been and what we would like it to be. You guys, on the other hand, just like SMU, have it much harder when it comes to knowing your place--its accepting a bitter pill of not being nearly as relevant as your older alumni and older media members want to remember. Look, I'd be pissed, too, if I got stuck with what yall have gotten for the last almost two decades. At one point, you were a top dog in the SWC. Later, as the SWC looks to be cracking, the SEC actually states that they want A&M and UH as possible candidates, only to see the Texas legislature knock that possibility down as soon as possible. Then, just a few years later, youre holding your SWC suitcase, wondering how the heck did this happen, that we are left behind. I wouldn't want to think about this cold hard reality any longer than I had to, if I were a UH alum or fan, but that's part of knowing your place. Youre no more better off in the new Big East than you were in the old CUSA, just like the rest of us non-AQs. You just think that you are. And if your measuring stick is being able to come on here and make fun of being way ahead of North Texas--man, congratulations on being Captain Obvious. That's no different than a Tech fan dogpiling on your school--you may think your better than them, both academically and athletically, but that Big XII sticker on their jerseys lets you know just how far away you are from your glory days in the SWC. And it reminds us that we have to continue to build up a program that can one day compete with yours and SMUs and the rest of the CUSA Texas schools year in and year out, if for nothing else but to keep playing in a conference with other Texas schools that are fans actually care about. That's knowing your place...

• Upvote 2