Western Kentucky (12/29/12)

CMJ

This team HAS got to get more production out of Coleman

This is very true. Would really help. Is it true that he was recruited by Kentucky? A tad more T Mitch would help as well.

Seemed like a good second half effort...could this group be coming around a bit?

Better than Lehigh but still not executing well offensively down the stretch to win a game like this. Also, we've got to get a body on guys on the defensive boards. WKU extended way to many possessions in the final minutes cause our guys don't box out.

Terrible fundamentals shine through once again. At least our shooting percentages showed improvement.

The players showed a lot of heart to come back on the road at a place where we've never been very successful. That being said, we are almost assuredly going to finish 2012 with a 5-9, 0-3 record (we will not beat MTSU). Considering the talent and potential of this year's team, is it time to recognize that our new coach has achieved an unprecedented failure?

Will Tony still leave?

If Tony's play doesn't improve dramatically, I'm not sure if the choice will be his. During our last home game with tons of NBA scouts, Tony layed an egg (and not a golden one) - heck, he didn't even make his free throws, much less do anything else at an elite level. Of course, Tony can't win games on his own, and he doesn't have poor performances in a vacuum - he is reliant heavily on how well his teammates play - so Tony's NBA future certainly depends on his team mates improving their game as much as it depends on his play.

I think the future of our basketball program as a potential elite program depends on Tony more than anyone suspects. If Tony's NBA career gets ruined by coming to UNT, we'll have to wait another 50 years to find another 5* player with his talent who will commit to us. However, if Tony and the team can pull this season out, and he gets drafted to the NBA, I think this will show other elite players that they can play UNT and continue on to their future in the NBA. Tony's success (or the lack of it), in my opinion, has the potential to dramatically help or hinder the signing of future elite athletes.

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 5

If Tony's play doesn't improve dramatically, I'm not sure if the choice will be his. During our last home game with tons of NBA scouts, Tony layed an egg (and not a golden one) - heck, he didn't even make his free throws, much less do anything else at an elite level. Of course, Tony can't win games on his own, and he doesn't have poor performances in a vacuum - he is reliant heavily on how well his teammates play - so Tony's NBA future certainly depends on his team mates improving their game as much as it depends on his play.

I think the future of our basketball program as a potential elite program depends on Tony more than anyone suspects. If Tony's NBA career gets ruined by coming to UNT, we'll have to wait another 50 years to find another 5* player with his talent who will commit to us. However, if Tony and the team can pull this season out, and he gets drafted to the NBA, I think this will show other elite players that they can play UNT and continue on to their future in the NBA. Tony's success (or the lack of it), in my opinion, has the potential to dramatically help or hinder the signing of future elite athletes.

What will be used in recruiting against us is that UNT can't develop players.

Not just Tony, but CJ and JWill, also.

0-2 in this critical 3 game stretch on the way to 0-3 and a complete loss of confidence.

Terrible, terrible, terrible hire.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

The sunshine pumping is amazing. Completely, utterly, detached from reality...but amazing. WKU was FAR FAR FAR from 100%...dahbeed came over here and outlined just how banged up they were a few days ago. So, we can't find wins against Sun Belt teams that are depleted. Turn out the lights folks...this party is over and somebody peed in the punch bowl. (I bet it was one of that rascally players...the suddenly immature ones)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The sunshine pumping is amazing. Completely, utterly, detached from reality...but amazing. WKU was FAR FAR FAR from 100%...dahbeed came over here and outlined just how banged up they were a few days ago. So, we can't find wins against Sun Belt teams that are depleted. Turn out the lights folks...this party is over and somebody peed in the punch bowl. (I bet it was one of that rascally players...the suddenly immature ones)

People who blame the players are nothing more than apologist for the head coach in this situation. This is a MORE TALENTED TEAM than the one that was 3 minutes away from the NCAA tournament last year. Completely unbelievable that they would blame kids for the responsibility that so obviously falls on the shoulders of this coaching staff and the Athletic department (for hiring this coaching staff).

WKU was severly undermanned. This staff still can't figure a way to get the ball to it's best player in a positiion to be successful. This staff has taken a preseason consensus pick to win the West and completely demolished it. Who was that Consenus pick to win the East? MTSU. And they are well on there way. I guess their players deserve all the credit, right? They are just so much more mature than our players, right?

For all of you who refuse to acknowledge the huge failure that is taking place right in front of your very own eyes, I have one question for you: WHEN? When we finish with 9 or 10 wins, will you then acknowledge that this staff has some accountability? When players start transferring at year end?

Seriously, WHEN?!?!?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

People who blame the players are nothing more than apologist for the head coach in this situation. This is a MORE TALENTED TEAM than the one that was 3 minutes away from the NCAA tournament last year. Completely unbelievable that they would blame kids for the responsibility that so obviously falls on the shoulders of this coaching staff and the Athletic department (for hiring this coaching staff).

WKU was severly undermanned. This staff still can't figure a way to get the ball to it's best player in a positiion to be successful. This staff has taken a preseason consensus pick to win the West and completely demolished it. Who was that Consenus pick to win the East? MTSU. And they are well on there way. I guess their players deserve all the credit, right? They are just so much more mature than our players, right?

For all of you who refuse to acknowledge the huge failure that is taking place right in front of your very own eyes, I have one question for you: WHEN? When we finish with 9 or 10 wins, will you then acknowledge that this staff has some accountability? When players start transferring at year end?

Seriously, WHEN?!?!?

It wont stop, just like zebra mussels

• Upvote 1

Seriously, WHEN?!?!?

Ok. This coaching staff has issues, so now what?? What is your point or goal of this post? Do we give up on the team? Stop going to games? Call for the heads of the coaches and RV? Then what? Keep bitching?? What is gained from negativity?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6