I smell a large amount of W's and a bowl in 2013

trussbussdad

Six home games next year will help. Only one body bag game, right? Georgia? Otherwise Ball St, Idaho, and I don't remember. UTSA, Tulane, UTEP are realistic wins. LA Tech, Tulsa, Rice are probably not. So I see five (possible) wins there with three games unaccounted for. 1 OOC and two eastern division CUSA.

Football season is a pretty easy equation for me. The length of time spent tailgating is inversely proportional to the quality of play on the field.

• Upvote 1

Six home games next year will help. Only one body bag game, right? Georgia? Otherwise Ball St, Idaho, and I don't remember. UTSA, Tulane, UTEP are realistic wins. LA Tech, Tulsa, Rice are probably not. So I see five (possible) wins there with three games unaccounted for. 1 OOC and two eastern division CUSA.

Football season is a pretty easy equation for me. The length of time spent tailgating is inversely proportional to the quality of play on the field.

Now I understand why the Greeks got removed from the hill.

A win over Georgia is impossible. Ball State, Ohio, and Tulsa are iffy but only BSU is at home. The rest are tossups to very winnable. Maybe you'll get to see more football inside the stadium this year.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

with all due respect to those that dont see a good thing coming... you better jump on this wagon.

Looking forward to your boy contributing next year sir, but you're directing this exhortation at the wrong group of people.

Look at it this way:

Everyone on GMG.com is on the 'wagon'. We've just been here long enough to remember the smooth, expeditious rides this wagon used to provide us. Now that the wheels are out of alignment, and have been for the past 8 years, we're developing hemorrhoids and we're all cranky, but, by golly, it's OUR wagon and we will ride 'til we die.

Let's not even consider the other wagon we ride during basketball season. Our thoroughbred horse pulling that wagon was purchased away by a bigger wagon owner, and we had to replace him with a 3-legged horse with a concussion and explosive diarrhea. Every few nights, we get sprayed.

I'm sure you understand.

• Upvote 7

Mean Green Texan...not directing this toward anyone special...just making an observation. I think next year is going to be fun. Fun meaning wins I too want to ride this wagon with all yall too....all the way to many bowl games in the future. My middle son is actually starting his initial recruiting process and shows some favoritism towards the MEAN GREEN. Think big brother is sitting on him....LOL

Have a Merry Christmas and hope to meet you on the tailgate next year.

• Upvote 3

Key to a good season is to win the games you should win...key to a GREAT season is to win the games you are supposed to win and then win some you should not win. Rice, La Tech and Tulsa, Georgia fit that last category and Rice could fit either category.

Please see our last game or 2 with Rice. Also, if you want to overhype something and see how that works out, then check out the basketball season. Look, I hope you are right. But unless we open this offense, get a pass rush, and a few other things we will struggle. Also, please point out, recruiting wise, the "building blocks" (i know about Brock, Pegram, etc) that Mac has brought in that you will look back and say those guys were what put us over the top. Looking back at Dickey; Cobbs Jamario, Booger, Kassel all come to mind. So who are they?

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looking forward to your boy contributing next year sir, but you're directing this exhortation at the wrong group of people.

Look at it this way:

Everyone on GMG.com is on the 'wagon'. We've just been here long enough to remember the smooth, expeditious rides this wagon used to provide us. Now that the wheels are out of alignment, and have been for the past 8 years, we're developing hemorrhoids and we're all cranky, but, by golly, it's OUR wagon and we will ride 'til we die.

Let's not even consider the other wagon we ride during basketball season. Our thoroughbred horse pulling that wagon was purchased away by a bigger wagon owner, and we had to replace him with a 3-legged horse with a concussion and explosive diarrhea. Every few nights, we get sprayed.

I'm sure you understand.

Was that horse the same one that just got beat by Boise St. by 17 points, and with as you say, a bigger wagon?

Edited by Green Dog
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1