At the Desoto/Southlake game

emmitt01

Yeah I want that qb White to play receiver for us, and our only chance on him is because he is so small but I have seen him on 2014 top prospect lists so I don't know how good our chance is with him.

As for Nick Orr, same thing. He's a stud and is on 2014 top prospect lists as well, but obviously we have a potential trump card in big bro Zach.

I have a question for you Emmitt. What do you think about their senior receiver Brandon Mcdowell?

He's their leading receiver, which doesn't always mean a whole lot but take this into account. Last year they had 2 receivers go D-1 and 4 receivers go D-1 the year before!

If he's good enough to be their primary target do you think we should try and get him? He's only 5'9" and is committed to Texas St (I think his only offer thus far) to play cornerback but I could see him being one of those athletes that Mac has talked about bringing in to compete on either side of the ball because of his athleticism.

Yeah I want that qb White to play receiver for us, and our only chance on him is because he is so small but I have seen him on 2014 top prospect lists so I don't know how good our chance is with him.

As for Nick Orr, same thing. He's a stud and is on 2014 top prospect lists as well, but obviously we have a potential trump card in big bro Zach.

I have a question for you Emmitt. What do you think about their senior receiver Brandon Mcdowell?

He's their leading receiver, which doesn't always mean a whole lot but take this into account. Last year they had 2 receivers go D-1 and 4 receivers go D-1 the year before!

If he's good enough to be their primary target do you think we should try and get him? He's only 5'9" and is committed to Texas St (I think his only offer thus far) to play cornerback but I could see him being one of those athletes that Mac has talked about bringing in to compete on either side of the ball because of his athleticism.

I'd take him. He's just an athlete (no lunch pail). When SLC was killing them with their slot guy Desoto's coaches put McDowell on him. He'd find a role here.

I'd take him. He's just an athlete (no lunch pail). When SLC was killing them with their slot guy Desoto's coaches put McDowell on him. He'd find a role here.

Finding guys who can hold slots are not always easy. This is what I think Zac Whitfield can be good at if Freddie Warner can come back and play outside.

But yeah, thanks for that info.

Emmitt,

I was there too, unbelievable game. Saw Z Orr, Chancellor, Jimmerson (looked like he was in Coach Mathis' ear a lot), and Byrd on sidelines. What did you think of #48 for Carroll, Jackson Mitchell a LB? He was all over the field for sure.

Looked like a Southlake kinda kid. Brings his lunch pail, knows his assignment...the kind Todge woulds signed.

Now their slot guy #3 I'd take.

And I want Zach Orr's brother in green!!!!

Have followed DeSoto all year and remain unsold on Zach's little brother. He's way too small, can't tackle, often run over by bigger backs in the secondary and doesn't seem to stop receptions by bigger receivers. I'm all for continuing the pipeline to DeSoto U but Nick Orr doesn't help us.

No disrespect, just my observation after watching 5 Desoto games this season alone (including the game today)

http://video.star-telegram.videos.vmixcore.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=156745721

Edited by Cooley

Aside from Dontre Wilson and that 5'4" QB, I thought DeSoto's best player was #1 Taylor Young, the linebacker. He was all over the field. I was stunned to learn that he has no offers per Rivals. I wouldn't mind having him up here.

I agree on Young. With no other D1 offers, you'd think our coaching staff would be all over him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?sport=football&year=2013&hometown=DeSoto&state=Texas

• Upvote 1