Football Banquet

KRAM1

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/teams/nt.shtml

I rest my case with what the above link indicates which is mostly what what we've been getting at North Texas for too many years--too many of the most recent years truth be told. I say it again: This would not be allowed to happen for this long a time at most NCAA FBS outposts and most of you on this board know this as much as anyone. I've read your posts, too.

We are no better off today in attendance growth than when we were after they year we won a bowl game although the UNT constituency has grown each year substantially since that year was back in the early 2,000's. There is something grossly wrong with a program that has witnessed such growth all around our campus the last 15-20 years to just keep staying the same in numbers of fans.

The above link which will not register with some on this board no matter what it says still tells the tale of North Texas football (and athletics in general) for many, many of the past years in Denton. It's does not make for good reading material at all-not even the kind you want to read on the toilet albeit those multi-year records from the link and the aroma from the Toilet Bowl would have much in common.

WE DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT WE'RE GETTING AT UNT, FOLKS, BUT WE DON'T HAVE UPPER ECHELON LEADERS WHO CANNOT SEEM TO DISTINGUISH THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GOOD NCAA ATHLETIC PROGRAM AND ONE THAT REEKS WITH MEDIOCRITY AND HAS FOR YEARS. IT'S ALL ON RECORD FOR ALL TO SEE FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO SEE IT AND ADMIT THAT THERE ARE DEFINITE PROBLEMS THAT NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GET ADDRESSED.. SOME OF OUR SMALL THINKING ALUMS WHO CANNOT SEE THE TREES FOR THE FOREST ARE AS MUCH THE PROBLEM AS THE ONES PAID WHO KEEP CREATING OUR ANNUAL (now into decades) PROBLEMS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS. ONE ALUM TOLD ME WE GET WHAT WE ASK FOR WHICH SEEMS TO NOT BE VERY MUCH.

Have to go DJ an event now so I an keep paying those taxes!

Have A Nice Day! :)

and........GMG!

If you want to carry on your inane rant, great...hardly anyone reads through these piles of dodo anyway when you get on one of your patented rants.

But, if you are going to do so by insulting someone, get a new routine. All you are doing here is copying the other usual suspects with the same childish and immature stuff that is getting old. So, if you have so little of substance to say that you must result to personal insults, at least man up and get an original routine.

Have fun with the DJ gig....

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Mac mentioned that UNT will open Aug. 31st at home ... First home opener for a season in umpteen years. Also said that 3 of our first opponents are still practicing and will be in bowl games. I believe he did mention that the opener was Idaho at Apogee.

Would like to see that August 31 game start at 8:00, due to heat and to accommodate time difference for Idaho fans.

• Upvote 1

Used to have a friend that when asked by a policemen, "what're you boys doing?" he would always say; " Drinkin & Fightin!". It was never true, but always sounded cool and usually stopped the cop in his tracks. Normally I don't say this, but I think you should stop drinkin & fightin because you don't have a clue. Any of you! Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, however freakin lame.

• Upvote 1

If you want to carry on your inane rant, great...hardly anyone reads through these piles of dodo anyway when you get on one of your patented rants.

But, if you are going to do so by insulting someone, get a new routine. All you are doing here is copying the other usual suspects with the same childish and immature stuff that is getting old. So, if you have so little of substance to say that you must result to personal insults, at least man up and get an original routine.

Have fun with the DJ gig....

Well thank you very much for that, KRAM1. Actually, according to the "mom-host" (it was a birthday for Junior) a good time was had by all.

"After you Charlie...........After You Martin" (line from the YouTube video and from the John Wayne classic "The Searchers" before.....well, er' uh, watch the video, dammit ):)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As if always shilling for the "powers that be" counts as "something of substance".

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time for you...just couldn't help yourself could you? You guys really do need to get a new gig...at least when you insult me personally it should be something different from time to time....and maybe original instead of just parroting the usual suspects. :judge:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are Idaho fans?

I do agree with making them sweat though.

On a different note, I do find some of the fire RV stuff interesting. I am so disappointed with the benford hire and frustrated with the way the football team is going (seriously, someone on the offensive coaching staff has to go). But it does seem weird to call for the firing of the AD when UNT has achieved so much so recently. I get a lifetime of frustration, but a new stadium and new conference and there are calls to fire the AD because the football rebuilding process is slow and the bball coach sucks balls (really do remember the bball board pretty happy when that hire was announced).

Fire "somebody" on the offensive staff? Really? The blame for our offensive system rests with Mac. The staff is just following orders. Must have been a survey when Mac was hired that we wanted to see the tight end involved, so he has taken TE use to a whole new level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The banquet was good; very positive. The seniors got to go out feeling valued and the rest of the team has something to look forward to with this coaching staff. Must have been 500-600 people there and there were some great awards and good speeches. RV was a bit dramatic, but in the days before knowing everything instantaneously, drama and bluster is what you got at a FB banquet.

The O-line was duly recognized for its top ranking in the country in sacks allowed; Simmonds said this was the best group of starting linemen he's ever coached and he repeated it after he got off stage; Orr was celebrated with trophys and accolades for his year (1 of 2 standing ovations) and Whitfield was honored for his talent and potential to be one of the best. Feeley and Phillips were recognized for playing hurt and inspiring the younger guys and Fortenberry was toasted as the King of the line. Y'Barbo's stats were amazing...I don't know if I've ever heard of a Guard with 70 knock-downs in a season...only at the Outland Trophy awards. The senior speech was great and got the other standing O. All in all, a pretty good night; kids had fun; it moved right along and it was comfortable.

• Upvote 6

Fire "somebody" on the offensive staff? Really? The blame for our offensive system rests with Mac. The staff is just following orders. Must have been a survey when Mac was hired that we wanted to see the tight end involved, so he has taken TE use to a whole new level.

I have read this claim a number of times. Does anyone have a shred of evidence to this claim or is it an internet legend?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Jimmerson and Chancellor were fine in the Troy game and the offense was dogshit.

I am sorry I was unclear. When the offense sucks, you fire the OC. So FIRE CANALES

I agree that the offense was pretty bad at scoring.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see Canales stay for the sake of seeing his offense with a mobile QB.

Edited by greenminer

Jimmerson and Chancellor were fine in the Troy game and the offense was dogshit.

I am sorry I was unclear. When the offense sucks, you fire the OC. So FIRE CANALES

Yea, and bring in another. Then we can suck under another OC. Again, the OC runs the offense as to the type of system dictated by the head coach. So if you think this is the same offense we had in 2010, I would suggest you borrow some game films of then and now.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Based on the idea that the current HC is the sole reason that the offense cannot score, can we also assume that the defensive minded Todd Dodge was also clamping down on Chico's offense and ordering him to not produce points either?

As a reminder, Chico's potent offense was producing just under 17 points per game through Dodge's first 7 games in 2010 before he got fired. Once the conservative Dodge was gone and Chico was able to remove his Dodge shackles, the offense scored nearly 34 per game over the last 5 games. Odd coincidence?

• Upvote 3

Based on the idea that the current HC is the sole reason that the offense cannot score, can we also assume that the defensive minded Todd Dodge was also clamping down on Chico's offense and ordering him to not produce points either?

As a reminder, Chico's potent offense was producing just under 17 points per game through Dodge's first 7 games in 2010 before he got fired. Once the conservative Dodge was gone and Chico was able to remove his Dodge shackles, the offense scored nearly 34 per game over the last 5 games. Odd coincidence?

Actually, Dodge was an offensive coach, so he was much more involved in the offense, so the argument can be made that Chico was free to do as he wished when Dodge was gone.

Of course, Mac has a defensive history, so you would say he doesn't interfere in offensive play calling. I would suggest he doesnt get involved in plays past run or pass, but he does make that decision, as was evidenced in his very 1st game when he refused to throw a 1st down pass against FIU until UNT was down by 28.

Then again, maybe it was the interm offensive coordinator who was responsible when Chico took over as head coach. Maybe we should have hired THAT guy.

We moved the ball fine, but our kickers couldn't make anything and DT proved to be a horrible red zone qb all season long and definitely this game.

Oh yeah, and he kind of threw the ball out of the back of the end zone on fourth and goal that game.

I agree that the offense was pretty bad at scoring.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see Canales stay for the sake of seeing his offense with a mobile QB.

I would too. I think Berglund will have enough weapons on offense as well, and three solid backs and a good o-line to relieve pressure on him.