Additional information on UNT Target Charles Walker

Harry

I made a few additional calls this morning and picked up some information on Charles Walker. He was the one player who came in on an official visit this weekend I had not mentioned earlier in the week.

The South Garland senior was the Defensive MVP of District 11-5A this season, when he played nose tackle.

Walker projects as a tackle on the college level. At 6-4, 285, he already has good size for a defensive lineman on the college level.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/12/some-additional-information-on-charles-walker.html/

He's a big time recruit that got caught up in the numbers game because of academics. I hope we land him, but beyond this one player -- there are quite a few of these types of kids who are close but not quite where they need to be. North Texas should really do well in this area especially since staying closer to home often makes more sense. You wouldn't want to fill an entire class this way but you certainly should get the ones who make sense. Cody

I hope we land him, he is quite a player.

He's a big time recruit that got caught up in the numbers game because of academics. I hope we land him, but beyond this one player -- there are quite a few of these types of kids who are close but not quite where they need to be. North Texas should really do well in this area especially since staying closer to home often makes more sense. You wouldn't want to fill an entire class this way but you certainly should get the ones who make sense. Cody

I hope we land him, he is quite a player.

I once heard Mack Brown say that UT with endowed scholarships could virtually get any blue chipper they wanted, but the haunting question was were they playing just as well in H.S. as they ever would? No one knows if a 4 or 5 star converts to the speed and size of the college game. BTW Mack answered that question when a UT booster asked why he had not looked at Brandon Kennedy.

• Upvote 1