I spent some time working the phones today to see if anything was going to move on the recruiting front.

UNT could use some good news right now (the “Mean Green Morale collapse watch” is still on after a brutal few weeks).

I did come up with some promising tidbits from a few recruits, but UNT did not land a commitment today after five players visited campus over the weekend.

Louisiana DB Jermaine Antoine, maybe the best recruit on UNT’s board; Louisiana DE Claude George and South Garland DT Charles Walker joined UNT commits WR Turner Smiley and Keller OL Cody Nelson in UNT’s visit group.

Walker is a new name at a position of need and is the closest of the three non-committed players to going with UNT. He is has good size at 6-4, 280, and also has an offer from Texas State.

I am going to try to run him down tomorrow.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/12/sunday-night-recruiting-roundup.html/

"UNT is in a similar position with George. He also said Sunday that he enjoyed his visit but held off on committing so that he could visit another school. He is scheduled to visit ULM in January.

He is also being recruited by UTSA and could end up visiting the school.

“It went great,” George said. “I liked the facilities and the atmosphere was nice.”

George said he will decide where he will sign after visiting ULM."

Let's see. Mac is the recognized guru of the DL. And if he can't recruit a local DL prospect away from a school that has much worse facilities and is in a much worse conference, then............

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"UNT is in a similar position with George. He also said Sunday that he enjoyed his visit but held off on committing so that he could visit another school. He is scheduled to visit ULM in January.

He is also being recruited by UTSA and could end up visiting the school.

“It went great,” George said. “I liked the facilities and the atmosphere was nice.”

George said he will decide where he will sign after visiting ULM."

Let's see. Mac is the recognized guru of the DL. And if he can't recruit a local DL prospect away from a school that has much worse facilities and is in a much worse conference, then............

You left out that they're currently winning, just spanked us on the field and can sell "now" instead of "next year".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...