RV Please End This.

Green P1

Me too.... Super Pit Ushers be damned.... A couple of you probably met me tonight!

Tried to find you to say hello...caught up with Quoner and Caribbean Green and several others, but missed you. Take it easy on those ushers...they are not the ones jacking up the threes and letting some Polish guy take them to school on the court! :-)

Check with you Saturday...conference game...we'll see if that means anything!

• Upvote 1

Tried to find you to say hello...caught up with Quoner and Caribbean Green and several others, but missed you. Take it easy on those ushers...they are not the ones jacking up the threes and letting some Polish guy take them to school on the court! :-)

Check with you Saturday...conference game...we'll see if that means anything!

We'll be on the lookout for you! Tickets firmly in hand at all times this time.

Ok, lets go back to "slighting" the women's team and tailgating during their games. It worked last year and if we can't believe beer ads on TV (it's only weird if it doesn't work) then what can we believe!

I have a good supply of duck breasts I can bacon wrap (some with pear for people like THOR) if someone wants to bring a grill. Then aal we need to do is bring some beer and maybe a football to toss around.

WE ARE MEAN GREEN (and we can tailgate)

• Upvote 1

Wrap it all up & put it in a binder , then he will read it

Review of UNT’s 72 – 59 Loss to UTA

First half the score was tied at 31 – 31 – when TM went out in the first half with 2 fouls – UTA went on 10-2 run

Second Half – UNT Shot 6 0f 38 from the field – Offense was weave just past the 3 point line

UNT – out scored from the bench

UNT out scored in the lane

UNT – out rebounded

UTA – more assists

UTA More 3 point plays

UNT Coach – lost the coaching battle by a large margin

Suggestion for improvement: use the UNT/UTA game tape as a training film and adopt the Scott Cross Offense and Defense

Prediction – if the Coach does not change his approach to things then UNT will have its first losing season in many years

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm convinced that North Texas athletics will suck forever. I've lost all hope.

I'm right there with you. We can't seem to fo one thing right.

Rawlins and Neinas hired Mac.

So what DOES RV do around here, then? He isn't responsible for Dodge (President told him to go cheap) and he isn't responsible for McCarney? Hell, why have an AD? Just let the President handle all the hires.

This is the biggest load of crap ever. It's his job and he is responsible for the coaching hires. END OF STORY.

• Upvote 2

Hiring is a tough art and science. It's especially tough when hiring for high profile coaching positions in D1 athletics.

Here is my objective observation.

Rick is a salesman. This has been great for the program in terms of getting new facilities. I've been to Apogee 11 times now, and it still gives me chills every time I enter. It's stunning. And we have tailgating, and the players have great training facilities. Go back 15 years, look at what was, and compare to what is. Try to convince someone in 1997 where we stand now in terms of funding, facilities and resources, and they'll accuse you of having been doing beer bongs in the tomato, then jumping off the Delta Lodge balcony and landing on your head.

On the flip side of that, I look at Dodge, Stephens, Benford, Mac. All salesmen. Dodge and Stephens were hired on the cheap, and yes, the former president did have an active role in that, because by God, no coach was going to earn more than the president! But now, add Mac and Benford to this. It appears to me that Rick the salesman is getting sold time and time again. I do believe the Mac is a huge improvement over Dodge, but that's like saying I'd win an arm wrestling match with a kindergartner. Take that comparison out of it, and I've no idea.

Like I said in another thread, athletics is a means to an end for me, not the end itself. So I'm still around, but I've got zero expectations right now. None. Nada. I'm not even sure UNT makes the conference tourney right now.

RV has made some FANTASTIC hires.

Unfortunately, they are in sports that do not garner attention nationally except for niche fans, and for the sports that are relevant nationally (FB, MBB & WBB), the hires have not been good so far (sans the Aston hire, and I'll still say the jury is out on McCarney/Benford/Peterson).

RV has made some FANTASTIC hires.

Unfortunately, they are in sports that do not garner attention nationally except for niche fans, and for the sports that are relevant nationally (FB, MBB & WBB), the hires have not been good so far (sans the Aston hire, and I'll still say the jury is out on McCarney/Benford/Peterson).

Pretty much this (though he did hire JJ just after getting the job himself....so two good hired in the money sports).

In the less public niche sports, he's actually been really good about finding talent. Unfortunately he's really struggling in the big 3 programs.

Pretty much this (though he did hire JJ just after getting the job himself....so two good hired in the money sports).

In the less public niche sports, he's actually been really good about finding talent. Unfortunately he's really struggling in the big 3 programs.

I thought it was the other way around where JJ was here for a few months before RV arrived?

Sorry for my cluelessness. How do we miss the conference tourney? Are only a certain number of teams from the SunBelt invited?

We don't miss the tournament. That said, if you play like crap all season, the odds of putting together a great tournament are low. Also, if we keep this up, I don't want to make the NCAA tournament since we will be set up against a 1 seed who will make us look really bad. Also, being the team that makes the tournament with a losing record looks bad.

The blame is on both players and the coach. Beneford said that his team runs a motion offense. It's probably the hardest offense to understand and it will lose you games early in the year because you have no idea what your doing. However, later in the year it makes it hard for teams to scout you and pick out tendencies. The beauty of the motion is it has ways to beat both man and zone. What I saw last night was not the motion offense. You dont dribble to dribble, instead you use the dribble for a purpose. For example if your facing a zone you use your dribble to get two players on you and then you give it up. In a motion offense you dont just stand around the perimeter and toss it around. Any zone can adjust to passes back and forth. What you can do is use the skip pass to really get the defense moving. I'm not at practice so I dont know what message Beneford is communicating, but I do know it hasnt been recieved yet. Another thing that has really shocked me is the lack of toughess on the team. I was expecting Beneford who came from Marquette to have a team that really got after you on defense and hit the boards hard. I havent seen anything to prove this yet. I certainly hope this team will start to buy into his message.

• Upvote 1