Sounds Like We're Losing Another C-USA Member

Mean Green 93-98

You're even more paranoid than the punks over in Dallas. You people even said you were going to block Baylor from the MWC should the B12 fall apart a couple of years ago. Sounds like you all realize deep down that your recent football success is very temporary, and that you will soon be back to scraping the bottom of the barrel where you belong. Can't wait to troll YOUR board when that day comes in the very near future.

UNT delusion at its finest. We're here to stay first of all. Second, do you really think you guys are even on our radar? Nobody cares about UNT. Even TWU gets more support.

FroggieBoy, with the way conferences change and members leave 100 years traditions behind (a la Texas A & M)

you sure seem a bit arrogant and sure of yourself. How you going to feel if UT and OU like what TAMU has

done by leaving the Big 12 and those 2 vault too? Won't be the same conference yall joined, now would it?

In fact, even stranger that you are on little ol' North Texas message board in the first place.

GMG!

FroggieBoy, with the way conferences change and members leave 100 years traditions behind (a la Texas A & M)

you sure seem a bit arrogant and sure of yourself. How you going to feel if UT and OU like what TAMU has

done by leaving the Big 12 and those 2 vault too? Won't be the same conference yall joined, now would it?

In fact, even stranger that you are on little ol' North Texas message board in the first place.

GMG!

Even if every tradition is thrown out of the window, there will be one that will remain until the end of time and that is keeping UNT out.

Edited by FroggyStyle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

UNT delusion at its finest. We're here to stay first of all. Second, do you really think you guys are even on our radar? Nobody cares about UNT. Even TWU gets more support.

Even if every tradition is thrown out of the window, there will be one that will remain until the end of time and that is keeping UNT out.

Hah! That's a good wish in life, albeit unattainable. We do a good job of keeping ourselves out. Tcu has absolutely no affect on unt or any other school for that matter and if u think it does, you are the one that is dilusional.

Since tcu is so powerful, do you think they should ask ut and ou for a bigger slice of the tv contract? Do you think tcu could go independent like Notre dame and byu? Tcu still needs to do what got them to the spot they are in now; keep taking care of yourselves, don't make enemies, and ride Gary Patterson until his back breaks from carrying the entire school or he continues to eat too much railhead.

• Upvote 2

I think if you follow the posting history of this board, you will find that we cheered when TCU won the Rose Bowl, we cheered when TCU got the Big XII invite, and we absolutely cheered every time they destroyed the ponies. This is all just a response at another Cougar Queen who happens to think he represents TCU.

• Upvote 2

I still like TCU because of how they completely earned their spot and the great Gary Patterson. Before I'd make it a point to cheer the hell out of TCU but now since they truly are one of the "big boys" it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

That said all of this is happening to us not because of the greed of college athletics but because we've been trying to play catch up forever and this is what you get when you have decades of not having the all in support from the administration. This is what you get when you decide to hire a HS football coach who compiled a 6-37 record who then gets replaced by a new coach that we don't even know if he is even going to be the right guy and lead us to a place we've never breen. It seems that we're the only ones who always find a way to make the wrong choice in something. Folks this has happened because NT has failed to capitalize and be unified in the all in attitude of college athletics and everything related to the health and pride of the school for a long long time. Yes we may have missed the ship but I don't believe that. There is still a chance for us or any school for that matter to be a part of the "haves". We've made great strides as far as facilities and growing school pride but we have just been merely catching up. It's just a matter of getting out there and doing it on all levels and fronts and there isn't any school that will be able to block us in trying to achieve something because they won't ignore 40 thousand students in a top 5 media market region.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Remember when TCU was a national story for winning the Rose Bowl? I hope so because it will never happen again.

Yeah, I've always liked TCU. My dad did a lot of work there when I was a kid, I used to work at the stadium for one of my first jobs, my brother went there, and, for the most part, the TCU fans I know are knowledgeable and polite. There's basically just a few TCU trolls here, which is sad, because a few ignorant primitives shouldn't be used as a gauge for an entire fanbase.

But I don't believe they've got some kind of hold on Ft Worth. Alumni and family and people in the surrounding area are numerous, but they're not really an entertainment destination for people who have little to do with the school. There's probably a little room upward, and it's still a lot better than it used to be when I was working there.

Regardless, they did it the hard way, and there's nothing to fault them for in that regard. So what if a few fans have a delusional outlook on their school? That's not a characteristic we're unfamiliar with here.

for the most part, the TCU fans I know are knowledgeable and polite. There's basically just a few TCU trolls here, which is sad, because a few ignorant primitives shouldn't be used as a gauge for an entire fanbase.

My experiences going to TCU baseball have been such that the alumni are generally welcoming and polite. I've even been invited to several tailgates from internet strangers from baseball message boards.

Their AD, on the other hand, is a condescending douchebag who will go out of his way to publicly mock guys like me for not wearing purple, or being too fat, or just looking wrong, so he can get some yucks out of his boosters. Seriously. Screw that guy.

Their students are unintentional douches. Among the TCU students I've met on and off campus, it seems to be genuinely beyond their scope of vision that not everyone gets a Lexus on their 16th birthday. They're not mean, they're just...oblivious. The world hasn't crushed them like bugs in the workplace yet, so they're, as one student said to me in the University Pub once, "living in a Disneyland dream world." Give them a few years of paying professional dues. They'll still drive the Lexus, but they'll mature into the polite, welcoming alum mentioned above.

• Upvote 1

Are you talking about the same TCU that regularly played home-homes with us as recently as 2001.

Define regularly. They have played us18 times in our history, including both 1913 and 1914.We had a 4 game series 1984 thru 1987, and a 3 game series 1999 thru 2002,skipping 2000. Define recently. Last game against the Horned Toads was in Ft. Worth in 2002 ,10 seasons ago,a game we lost 10-16.Since then they have refused to play us. Yes, that same TCU.

Define regularly. They have played us18 times in our history, including both 1913 and 1914.We had a 4 game series 1984 thru 1987, and a 3 game series 1999 thru 2002,skipping 2000. Define recently. Last game against the Horned Toads was in Ft. Worth in 2002 ,10 seasons ago,a game we lost 10-16.Since then they have refused to play us. Yes, that same TCU.

He said "as recently as 2001". I don't see how any further definition is required.

As long as Gary Patterson is there I think anything is possible. He's such greatness.

He was great....when TCU got to play 1-2 teams a year with equal talent and a comparable budget and the other 10-11 teams they played had horrible talent and no money. Now they play 8 teams a year with equal to better talent and some have alot more resources. They will never make it through the Big12 schedule without a loss, and will never play in a major bowl, mark it.