Sounds Like We're Losing Another C-USA Member

Mean Green 93-98

To me, the nightmare scenario is the MWC takes UTEP, UH, SMU, and Tulsa. Then the Big East gets USM, UAB, Rice, and La Tech to join their league. That would be the ultimate kick-in-the-groin to me as a UNT fan. Basically, we would have no choice but to ask the SBC to take us back--or to have most of the SBC move up to CUSA. Only upside is that we would get Texas State as an in-state conference rival again, which would be a cherry on top of a turd sandwich.

You lack imagination. Worst scenario is Houston goes to the SEC, SMU goes to the BigXII, UTSA goes to the Big East, Texas State goes to the MWC with UTEP, Tulsa, and LATech. How do you like that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I only read Harry's reply to the quote and saw that it said Big 12. I don't care if you guys go to the MWC.

Why would you, like you have any pull, block us from the Big XII? Scared of a big public school in your backyard joining your conference?

Why would you, like you have any pull, block us from the Big XII? Scared of a big public school in your backyard joining your conference?

When a school is added to a conference, there has to be a unanimous vote and as long as we have a say-so, there won't be any trace of UNT in the Big 12. Plus, we don't need you guys becoming a nuisance and trying to get in our way.

Edited by FroggyStyle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

When a school is added to a conference, there has to be a unanimous vote and as long as we have a say-so, there won't be any trace of UNT in the Big 12. Plus, we don't need you guys becoming a nuisance and trying to get in our way.

if it ever came to allowing any school into the big 12, tcu, just like every other peon in the big 12 will bow to the proverbial king and queen of the big 12, texas and ou. If you think yours or tcus opinion on the matter matters, you are an idiot.
  • Upvote 1

Yep. Between us and the lack of a Big XII caliber athletic program you'd only have two hurdles to clear to reach dominance.

• Upvote 1

Even if UNT was seriously considered for the Big 12. I guarantee we would block you.

FroggieBoy, with the way conferences change and members leave 100 years traditions behind (a la Texas A & M)

you sure seem a bit arrogant and sure of yourself. How you going to feel if UT and OU like what TAMU has

done by leaving the Big 12 and those 2 vault too? Won't be the same conference yall joined, now would it?

In fact, even stranger that you are on little ol' North Texas message board in the first place.

GMG!

You're even more paranoid than the punks over in Dallas. You people even said you were going to block Baylor from the MWC should the B12 fall apart a couple of years ago. Sounds like you all realize deep down that your recent football success is very temporary, and that you will soon be back to scraping the bottom of the barrel where you belong. Can't wait to troll YOUR board when that day comes in the very near future.

• Upvote 2

Disappointing but not surprising. They have always had a strong partnership with SMU. The New Orleans destination is a big positive for them.

Of course they have. They have an endless supply of hookers from Bourbon St.

As much as I hate to say it, I am really starting to think we missed the ship.

if it ever came to allowing any school into the big 12, tcu, just like every other peon in the big 12 will bow to the proverbial king and queen of the big 12, texas and ou. If you think yours or tcus opinion on the matter matters, you are an idiot.

I hope this is the behind the scenes stuff that was mentioned in the coach's show you spoke of.