2012 Bright Spots

Harry

Easy. The Middle Linebacker is one of the best in the SBC, and will step into C-USA as one of the best MLB's as well.

2012_zach_orr_02.jpg

I love Zach's motor and he is the best we have, but he is at such a disadvantage playing middle at 220 (I look back at the UH game as a perfect example). I wish we were able to have a DE sized guy there to be a run stopper and allow Zach to freelance and rush the passer a little more.

I love Zach's motor and he is the best we have, but he is at such a disadvantage playing middle at 220 (I look back at the UH game as a perfect example). I wish we were able to have a DE sized guy there to be a run stopper and allow Zach to freelance and rush the passer a little more.

I think you are dead on target. I would love to see Zach be able to move to the outside and put a bigger guy in the middle. Unfortunately we don't have that guy to replace him with.

I agree with Whitfield. As a freshman, moving to DB in the Fall, earning a starting position and playing well for most of the year was great. Considering we get another three years of Zach, plus with the hope that we will improve our pass rush, he will be a good one for a while. I was also pleased with Hilbert Jackson's play. He will be remembered for his hit in the LSU game, but he was pretty solid this year.

I think you are dead on target. I would love to see Zach be able to move to the outside and put a bigger guy in the middle. Unfortunately we don't have that guy to replace him with.

?

Derek Akunne is 20 pounds heavier than Zach and is a natural MLB, yet Coach Mac has slid him to the outside to get him on the field while keeping Zach in the middle.

• Upvote 1