UNT Future non-conference opponents

Roadruner

Who here thinks this schedule will hold up? Not this guy.....are we really speculating on the 2019 OCC schedule and moaning about it in 2012? If this doesn't show how some folks just want to see a half empty glass all the time, I doubt that anything will. I would guess that by 2019 UNT will have a new President even...I would think, but I hope I am wrong, that Dr. Rawlins will want to retire before 2019.

Anyway, I am thinking about the 2013 schedule.....it is going to be much more fun than this past one....bank on that folks!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is anyone else highly disappointed in the future slate of home OOC games scheduled for the next 6 years? So we built Apogee for $80 million and the home OOC games we look forward to are Idaho, Ball State, SMU, and Army? I expected future games to at least look like they did in the first year of the stadium, with teams like Houston and Indiana coming here. I ge tthat SMU is a big game for a lot of UNT fans--I like playing them, too--but that is not a marquee game, IMO. Nor is Army, even though they are a storied program and have a good following. I want to see SMU and Army matched up with AQ teams, not more MAC teams, WAC leftovers, or SBC teams. Seriously, how hard could it possibly be to get a home and home with Washington State or Kansas right now? Kentucky, Ole Miss, Minnesota, Virginia, Maryland, BC, etc...Heck, I'd be calling Boise, BYU, AFA, Fresno, and SDSU, too. Every single one of those teams would love to have a game in Texas, just for recruiting purposes.

Look, I get that for some reason, we cannot get bigger names here. I learned that the hard way when we scheduled Iowa for a two-for-none series, all while believing that they would be the typical team we would try and get here with a new stadium. But if we get home games with a FCS school or a MAC school in the years that SMU and Army are the only home OOC games, the sell of season tickets here will continue to be a tough one.