UTA - UNT

utamav91

The way I saw it, you saw a Mav team committed to playing defense tonight. We triple-teamed Mitchell and crashed the glass all night. Some nights the three just doesn't fall--if it did, we'd have beaten OU. To me, seems like North Texas could use another good strong post player--a back-to-the-basket guy like we have in Reves. Outler and Gruziecki knocked down some threes (hadn't been great from outside this year) and escaped with a nice win. You've got a great coach but it's gonna take a few games (or a season) to get his system down as a team. Mean Green will be fine once conference play really gets going I think.

I'll trade you for your coach. Straight up, or do we need to kick in a sweetener?

The way I saw it, you saw a Mav team committed to playing defense tonight. We triple-teamed Mitchell and crashed the glass all night. Some nights the three just doesn't fall--if it did, we'd have beaten OU. To me, seems like North Texas could use another good strong post player--a back-to-the-basket guy like we have in Reves. Outler and Gruziecki knocked down some threes (hadn't been great from outside this year) and escaped with a nice win. You've got a great coach but it's gonna take a few games (or a season) to get his system down as a team. Mean Green will be fine once conference play really gets going I think.

You're either dumb or just really really really really polite. I think you're polite. I'm going with polite. You sir are a gentleman. Thank You for not rubbing salt in our wounds.

jones needs to come off the bench until he can stop making one handed cross court passes that get stolen. the box score said he had 3 turnovers, but he had to of had at least 4 by my count. he's playing like someone who knows he's going to fail a class and not be eligible again. tony is horrible at creating his own shots and half-asses 30% of the time. the rest of the team besides franklin is just as bad.

did anyone watch their shooting in warmups, either before the game or before half? i shit you not, they probably hit 30% of those shots and they weren't even fucking guarded!!!

this might of been my last home game this year. i'll need to see a lot of improvement before driving out there for another game.

I brought a buddy to the game who is a TT alum and could care less about basketball much less college basketball. On the whole he enjoyed the whole experience and game and he's really warming up to sort of adopting a local team in NT. That said even he said this team and this coach looked lost and it seemed Benford was constantly making substitutions when there didn't seem to be a need for it. This team is very alarming and yes Benford does look lost and overwhelmed. If a buyout is possible Fran Fraschilla is still living down the road and would like to coach again.

• Upvote 1

I hate to beat this dead horse, but Keith Coleman...you dont recruit a JUCO guy to sit at the end of the bench and log 5 min a game. You bring in a JUCO guy that is going to come in and contribute immediately. Either Benford has a major problem with him or he sucks and Benford did a horrible job a gauging his talent. We are finding out the hard way why Benford was an assistant for 20 yrs before getting a head coaching job. Unfortunately for us, RV was the dumb guy that took the bait and hired him.