Great to meet some of you last night!!

It was really great seeing some of you at Fouts Field last night. Certainly some great plays (Cobbs, Moore, Ricardo Smith, etc).

Thanks to FFRick for the Mean Green clock. And have one seat spoken for for the drive up to Norman early gameday. So there's still one seat remaining. Will arive at Loyd Noble at 1:30pm for tailgating before the game. Then leave after the game (following our stunning performance) for the trip back. We can pause briefly to watch some of the OU fans looking for bridges to jump off since their opener has their season, basically, in the toilet. I can already hear the anguished crys from Sooner fans, "God, did you see that Cobbs fly right by our entire defensive backfield. What's up with that?" or "Man, oh, man, that damned Kennedy kicked our ass all night long."

or "I don't believe we threw a pass over the middle after that first attempt got our tight end slobberknocked."

I can't wait. The van is all gassed up!!! Course, I'll have to fill the tank once more before the actual drive up. Go! Mean Green, teach those Okies that North Texas is now like Florida State in the early days, just beginning in the last two seasons to dominate every game this year. For the unfortunate Retro Sooners, they'll find out they should have started the season with an easier opponent, like maybe TCU or SMU.

• Thanks 1

Wake up!!!!! It's time to go to work. Dreams over.

The Sooners may not beat UNT the way they used to when you guys were really bad, but a beating will still occur. This one to the tune of 34-3 or 30-0. Somewhere in that vacinity. The Sooner offense will be ironong out a few kinks and the UNT defense will test them, but the Sooner defense will dominate your offense. Bank it!!! The only way you beat OU is if your defense scores your points. I doubt they can score enough if any.

Get a goood stiff cup of coffee and have a nice day at work.

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!

Wake up!!!!!  It's time to go to work.  Dreams over.

The Sooners may not beat UNT the way they used to when you guys were really bad, but a beating will still occur.  This one to the tune of 34-3 or 30-0.  Somewhere in that vacinity.  The Sooner offense will be ironong out a few kinks and the UNT defense will test them, but the Sooner defense will dominate your offense.  Bank it!!!  The only way you beat OU is if your defense scores your points.  I doubt they can score enough if any.

Get a goood stiff cup of coffee and have a nice day at work.

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!

Geez, you are really taking us seriously. Thanks for the compliment. Just don't worry about little ol' NT. We'll probably be afraid to suit up against you Boomer Sooners. NOT!!!!! You have a great program, with national championships, etc. But this is not our grandfather's NT, either. Our last game in the New Orleans bowl was pretty darned impressive. Your victory in the Rose Bowl was great, too. So, get back on your board and have a great day!!!! I'm driving up just for the opportunity to be in awe!!! Of The Mean Green! Not OU!!!!

You have everything to lose in this game Soonerboy. If we somehow win, it blows your season... if you only win by 20 then you drop 3 or 4 spaces... as for beating us more than that, it won't happen. Last year, every single opponent said the same exact garbage to us that you are saying right now. After every single game (with the exception of one Alabama game) we walked out with our heads held high and the opponents fans scratching their heads. We will get in your head on gameday. You will be thinking, "Come on guys!!! That is North Texas out there!!!" But remember this, anything is possible. You lost to OSU last year... and while I have a lot of respect for OSU, they did get beat by a very bad Louisiana Tech team just a couple of weeks before that. So it is not altogether a crazy idea that we play this game close enough (14 points) that we walk out with a huge moral vistory and your fans are absolutely pissed. It is very possible.

Beating you is out of the question in my mind. The refs will never let that happen. We have discovered that over the last 10 years if nothing else. So I would say that beating the spread by 14 points and only losing by 14 would be a huge moral victory and just what the doctor ordered to send us into the Baylor game with the confidence to destroy the inept Bears.

You have everything to lose in this game Soonerboy.  If we somehow win, it blows your season... if you only win by 20 then you drop 3 or 4 spaces... as for beating us more than that, it won't happen.  Last year, every single opponent said the same exact garbage to us that you are saying right now.  After every single game (with the exception of one Alabama game) we walked out with our heads held high and the opponents fans scratching their heads.  We will get in your head on gameday.  You will be thinking, "Come on guys!!! That is North Texas out there!!!"  But remember this, anything is possible.  You lost to OSU last year... and while I have a lot of respect for OSU, they did get beat by a very bad Louisiana Tech team just a couple of weeks before that.  So it is not altogether a crazy idea that we play this game close enough (14 points) that we walk out with a huge moral vistory and your fans are absolutely pissed.  It is very possible. 

Beating you is out of the question in my mind.  The refs will never let that happen.  We have discovered that over the last 10 years if nothing else.  So I would say that beating the spread by 14 points and only losing by 14 would be a huge moral victory and just what the doctor ordered to send us into the Baylor game with the confidence to destroy the inept Bears.

We ARE getting into their heads, for sure. They can't fathom the idea that we might play them close as hell, or even pull the shocker of 2003 and knock them off their lofty perch. (Do Sooners perch?). Remember the United State's symbol of Greatness. Is it a covered wagon pulled by a couple of ponies, or an Eagle. You guessed it, Sooner Boy. It's the Eagle. Now go think about it.

But remember this, anything is possible.  You lost to OSU last year... and while I have a lot of respect for OSU, they did get beat by a very bad Louisiana Tech team just a couple of weeks before that.

Uh, didn't the Sooners get pasted by a third rate aggie squad last year too? Yea, and I think the Sooners even made the aggie$' backup QB, Long, look like a B12 all-conference performer.

Uh, didn't the Sooners get pasted by a third rate aggie squad last year too? Yea, and I think the Sooners even made the aggie$' backup QB, Long, look like a B12 all-conference performer.

It was Reggie McNeal that beat OU, not Long (he lit up TT). And McNeal could be B12 all conference sooner rather than later, he is loaded with talent.

But the point is that OU lost to a team that was ranked under NT according to texasfootball.com last season. We would have to do it on the road however, but stranger things have happend.

• Downvote 1

When have you guys EVER beaten a big-time program? Texas Tech doesn't count.

Your team will realize that that are out of their league when they line up against the Sooners.

You are kidding yourself when you compare your win in the New Orleans Bowl (cough, cough) with OUr wins in the Orange, Cotton and Rose Bowls. Come to Norman and have a good time. We will welcome you to BIGTIME college football.

When have you guys EVER beaten a big-time program?  Texas Tech doesn't count.

Your team will realize that that are out of their league when they line up against the Sooners.

You are kidding yourself when you compare your win in the New Orleans Bowl (cough, cough) with OUr wins in the Orange, Cotton and Rose Bowls.  Come to Norman and have a good time.  We will welcome you to BIGTIME college football.

Thanks for the invitation and the hospitality. We only hope you're as hospitable after the game, as your players, fans and coaches wonder what the hell just happened. Then you'll realize the smoke you're blowin' on this board is just that. Smoke. We've never beaten you guys so until August 30th, slam our team and chances all you want. You have that right. The evidence of our vast talent level, speed and ability in all three phases of the game will make the 81,000 at Owen Field gasp! Have as good a time as you can playing us. I'm sure you'll be ready for Alabama the next week. It, actually, should be a much more winnable game for you.

When have you guys EVER beaten a big-time program?  Texas Tech doesn't count.

You are kidding yourself when you compare your win in the New Orleans Bowl (cough, cough) with OUr wins in the Orange, Cotton and Rose Bowls.  Come to Norman and have a good time.  We will welcome you to BIGTIME college football.

Programs we have beaten: University of Florida, University of Tennessee, Kansas State, Arizona State, Brigham Young, Fresno State, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Oregon State as well as Colorado State, TCU, SMU, Rice, Lousiville, New Mexico, UTEP, San Diego State, and Southern Mississippi.

In what decade did you beat Tennessee and Florida?  I'm sure the K-State win came when they were perenial doormats.  Pre-1990's.  Texas Tech is your crowning acheivement over the last 10 years.  Sad.....but you have to hang your hat somewhere...right?

That's enough fan boy.

Keep flaming and your banned, if you come on this board, come to talk football, not trash.

• Harry unlocked this topic
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

A couple of years ago I believe.  The Fry tribute made me think of him.  A great fan.

Is there a video of the Fry tribute?  Would have love to have been there, but fatherhood and life are getting in the way.  I am happy he was able to attend.  I had heard his health was not very good, but from the pictures posted on here, he looked really good.

• Lovely Take 1

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

A couple of years ago I believe.  The Fry tribute made me think of him.  A great fan.

I think old his old kooky self before every season starts. I really liked him and his rambling ways. 

I hadn't heard from him in a long time, but casual scanning of the obits leaves a lot to be desired. I hoped it would have shown up in the "friends we'll miss" second of the North Texan, but I may have missed it. 

On 8/17/2003 at 6:25 PM, Cerebus said:

That's enough fan boy.

Keep flaming and your banned, if you come on this board, come to talk football, not trash.

Are you telling me I've had to baby sit internet buffoons for almost 15 years now?!  What am I doing with my life...

vpJJgvZ.gif

GG was greatness.  @SteaminWillieBeamin will have to pour out one of his hoppy hipster beers for him.  

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Are you telling me I've had to baby sit internet buffoons for almost 15 years now?! 

LOL I thought the same thing.  Cerebus was refereeing even back in the ice ages.

Just now, Harry said:

LOL I thought the same thing.  Cerebus was refereeing on GMG even back in the ice ages.

I know Fry deserves a lot of credit for the Flying Worm but I also think Green Grenade deserves his due.  I'll never forget his stadium expansion model he built.  I am sure he was somewhere up there smiling after the results on Saturday night.  GMG

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...