Next Year

UNT90

Yes, but after reading most of your posts it would be a wasted effort.

So, we are counting on a bunch of redshirts, including a QB who has never played one down of major college football, to be our saviors? That is what I read from most of the posts on here. I see our head coach basically putting the warning out there that some players aren't what he thought they were and griping about not being able to get back to 85 scholarships.

Throw on top of that the fact that we will be playing better competition (by just a little bit), and it just looks like more of the same for this program.

If Brock is the second coming of Johnny Football we will be fine

Tthat's assuming that he is what everyone hopes he is. And that he stays healthy.

If everyone's expectations is that, single handed, he wins all the games with either his arm or feet, then he is very likely to take off on a lot of ill-advised runs. As many of our injured players can attest, there's a lot of hard hitting defenses out there.

I think if NT doesn't show a lot of improvement that RV better get out his short list or the BOD should look for an AD. CUSA will be a little tougher but NT is not moving to the SEC.

I think McCarney has made some solid improvements but unless he can significantly up the talent level, NT is going to stay mired in the bottom half of CUSA. The scary thing about this year is the arc of the team, it is getting worse not better. IMO McCarney does not have any excuses next year, he has had enough opportunity to shape this team with his recruits and if NT remains too small, slow and unmotivated than it is his problem.

With a strong veteran OL, a nice stable of RB's, and hopefully one more quality WR of whom we are currently unaware of, I don't see why we can't expect a .500 or better season as long as the D somehow comes through. Of course this is based on BB coming in as a quality starter, and on McNulty seeing the field about as often as Brent Osborn did here. Oh, and we also need to see some improvements on the sideline, but I'm afraid that we're kinda stuck in the mud on that one.

If he doesn/t win 6-7 by the end of year 4, then maybe, but not year 3.

We will have to recruit better talent and instead of getting the leftovers from the state of Texas, we need to look to other areas. Mac needs to recruit jucos to fill immediate needs. BB will be a big improvement over DT. The main problem is the talent level (recruiting).

How would we not be better??? is this a joke post? Up front we have everyone back except one, running backs all will be back but brown (peagram, who i hear is a stud, takes his place no problem), quarter back (all i hear, from those real close to program, is real deal) and if not DT a 2 yr starter back that cant possibly be worse.. recievers- Delgado will hurt but outside that were ok.. Brelan our best WR back, Terrel will be eligible, smith and harris back.. we will be ok.. Defensive wise, our D line cant possibly be worse, plus i hear we have some young studs who can play, linebacker- Orr returns and so does polk, losing phillips hurts but still strong point.. DB's - everyones back!!! should be better... so tell me, please how we only win 3 games.. ya you can say conference is tougher, but non confrenece lightens up and with UTSA, Rice and UTEP on schedule idk how we dont win at least 5, 6, 7,8 games.. at least! Im not saying, im just saying

• Upvote 3