Should Baylor Close Down BB For 1 Year?

They might as well in light of the news of the last 24 hours on Bliss. What a pathetic situation in Waco. What I thought was originally more of a "player-driven" problem has evolved into a Baylor leadership driven problem, and most likely will affect their administration all the way to the top.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I’m not sure that would solve any problems. It appears the Bliss was the source of most of the direct problems. Of course, the AD (what’shisname) either gave tacit approval or was completely derelict in his duties as a supervisor.

I’m curious about what’s going to happen to Abar Rouse, the assistant coach who secretly taped Bliss. While ethically, Rouse is a hero, assistant coaches who turn on their head coaches probably have a hard time finding jobs.

BTW, you something had to be rotten before the taping to make Rouse want to make those secret recordings to cover his own butt.

But shutting down the program for a year or two mostly hurts the other players on the team. It kills recruiting for a several years, although I really think SMU’s self imposed recruiting limits hurt more than the death penalty itself.

This has got to hurt Baylor’s ongoing capital campaign.

I'll admit that it's a pathetic mess but I don't think that the program should be closed down for a year. In fact, the Baylor administration has already made that decision. They will play the regular season, period.

I believe that the NCAA will add two or three years of no post-season. At least I hope they do. They should also be on probation and any violation during that period SHOULD result in the death penalty.

Dave Bliss should have coached his last college game. His coverup was unconsionable. He'll likely be hit with a civil suit now by Denehy's dad.

But, Baylor University is mainly guilty of a bad hire. They apparently put too much trust in a coach with a questionable history. Unless, we find more widespread, serious violations, I do not believe that Baylor should have the death penalty, even a self-imposed one.