Casimiro and Norris?

UNT90

Not listed as early signees. I would not be surprised if both offers have been pulled, with one being held open for a shooting guard (something Benford HAS to know he needs) and one being saved on the possibility of Edo comitting to UNT. We are in his final four schools, and if he wants to come here, he will have a scholarship, I'm sure.

Let's hope Edo's recruitment yields better results than the last vowel-consonant-vowel guy we recruited (and signed, by the by)...

• Upvote 2

Not listed as early signees. I would not be surprised if both offers have been pulled, with one being held open for a shooting guard (something Benford HAS to know he needs) and one being saved on the possibility of Edo comitting to UNT. We are in his final four schools, and if he wants to come here, he will have a scholarship, I'm sure.

Let's hope Edo's recruitment yields better results than the last vowel-consonant-vowel guy we recruited (and signed, by the by)...

I would not be surprised either. I think he is holding out for Edo. Now that Walton will be back do we really need another shooting guard with Alzee, Walton and TJ Taylor next year? I think we needed one with Walton graduating, not so sure now that he will be back. I would take Edo or a 3 that can shoot.

Sign a shooter and Edo and we have five 2s...Taylor, Overlander, Alzee, and Walton...and three 3s...Jordan, Wesley and Edo...

and your post options become Friar, Nunn and Coleman.

I agree that we need a knock-down shooter.

I too like Edo.

But if you add them to this class I fear we're going to have an even more ill-fitting roster than we may well already have.

Walton's injury, IMO, basically makes our "shooter" options next year Taylor, Walton and Overlander. I'm not happy about it, but I think that's how things are gonna shake out.

Sign a shooter and Edo and we have five 2s...Taylor, Overlander, Alzee, and Walton...and three 3s...Jordan, Wesley and Edo...

and your post options become Friar, Nunn and Coleman.

I agree that we need a knock-down shooter.

I too like Edo.

But if you add them to this class I fear we're going to have an even more ill-fitting roster than we may well already have.

Walton's injury, IMO, basically makes our "shooter" options next year Taylor, Walton and Overlander. I'm not happy about it, but I think that's how things are gonna shake out.

Taylor better be able to fill it up from deep, or else we will be hurting without another shooter.

You never know if someone will transfer (or be counseled to do so). Way too many athletes and not any shooters.

Hoping Clarke finds his stroke soon.

Edited by UNT90

My thoughts as well. Wouldn't surprise me if Overlander gets Norris'd or Walton gets S.O.L'd

Don't think it will be Walton. He has proven himself and seemed to have really bought into Benford's system (if exhibition games can tell you a damn thing).

Overlander was JJ's recruit. Hopefully Clarke does what we all hope he can do for this team this year, but, if not, he may be on the one year plan. That would really suck, because Clarke was at every game last year. Living so close, I wonder if he was a Mean Green fan growing up?

But, it all comes down to performance. That is the "athletic" in athletic scholarship, after all.

• Upvote 1

Don't think it will be Walton. He has proven himself and seemed to have really bought into Benford's system (if exhibition games can tell you a damn thing).

Overlander was JJ's recruit. Hopefully Clarke does what we all hope he can do for this team this year, but, if not, he may be on the one year plan. That would really suck, because Clarke was at every game last year. Living so close, I wonder if he was a Mean Green fan growing up?

But, it all comes down to performance. That is the "athletic" in athletic scholarship, after all.

He is a big Mean Green fan. My sister teaches at Argyle High, they have a day where everyone wears apperal of their favorite college and Clarke was sprorting green in the pictures I saw. He took a our basketball schedules up to the high school this year and hung them up. I hope he gets it going.

He is a big Mean Green fan. My sister teaches at Argyle High, they have a day where everyone wears apperal of their favorite college and Clarke was sprorting green in the pictures I saw. He took a our basketball schedules up to the high school this year and hung them up. I hope he gets it going.

I don't doubt he became a huge fan after committing. Like I said, saw him at every game last year. Just wondering if his allegiance dates to before his committment.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

For the record Norris made the choice to transfer to another school. That decision that he made would have happened whether or not it was Benford or Johnny at the helm.

Norris could not play at the SBC level. It was the best thing for all parties involved.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Walton was terrible the first part of last season and eventually became a mild threat. Overlander has plenty of time to become that, and he's a freshman. It's my untrained opinion he'll turn into more of a threat than Walton.

Straight outta Compton vs Straight outta Argyle?

Question, no info.

• Upvote 3

For the record Norris made the choice to transfer to another school. That decision that he made would have happened whether or not it was Benford or Johnny at the helm.

You are suggesting he made the choice all by himself in August after spending all summer practicing with the team at UNT? In August which means after most of what might have been his options no longer had scholarships open? Are you sure?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...