Maybe we can end up like the MUTS football team

BillySee58

Tonight's loss really disgusts me just as much as any of you. I've been guilty of hyping this team up to my fellow students, friends, and family. Here is my "it's not that bad thread," which is honestly just as much for me as it is for you.

During the first week of the football season the MUTS football team lost to FCS (D-1AA) Mcneese State, who hasn't even turned out to be a very good team even by FBS standards. Their fans were calling for their coach, Rick Stockstill's head on a platter.

Since then they are 6-2 with a blowout win at Georgia Tech and are in position to make a bowl game and control their destiny to win the conference outright.

I know a loss to a D-2 school is much more embarrassing than a loss to an FCS school, but there is no reason this year can't be a tale of two seasons for us either. I'm gonna try to wake up and find out this is a bad nightmare, but if that doesn't work I'm going to wake up in the morning with a sick feeling in my stomach but still root like hell for us on Wednesday against Lamar.

• Upvote 1

Tonight's loss really disgusts me just as much as any of you. I've been guilty of hyping this team up to my fellow students, friends, and family. Here is my "it's not that bad thread," which is honestly just as much for me as it is for you.

During the first week of the football season the MUTS football team lost to FCS (D-1AA) Mcneese State, who hasn't even turned out to be a very good team even by FBS standards. Their fans were calling for their coach, Rick Stockstill's head on a platter.

Since then they are 6-2 with a blowout win at Georgia Tech and are in position to make a bowl game and control their destiny to win the conference outright.

I know a loss to a D-2 school is much more embarrassing than a loss to an FCS school, but there is no reason this year can't be a tale of two seasons for us either. I'm gonna try to wake up and find out this is a bad nightmare, but if that doesn't work I'm going to wake up in the morning with a sick feeling in my stomach but still root like hell for us on Wednesday against Lamar.

Lamar? We should have got Billy Tubbs to come out of retirement. He used to be a basketball assistant and swimming instructor here.