Fight song

Eagle96

They are in the midst of a turnaround and have $26 stock. Not too shabby. Doing pretty fine last time I checked.

I liked that sneaky line about not all students being like me. Well, if there weren't many students like me, then you'd have about 100 students at the games, all freshman, who don't know any of the players or rules of football. Which coincidentally happened (100 students) after the GB butchered the fight song.

Y'all are literally the worst alumni. This has to be the most braindead group of supporters. Not all, but a massive amount of y'all. Just braindead. Whenever I get annoyed or question UNT, I just remember that I've never met a single person who actually thinks GMG.com isn't full of out of touch elderly men bitching about pageantry and irrelevant things. Sausage fest, man. Sausage fest. I feel like I'm surrounded by imbeciles. I keep coming back because I enjoy discussing UNT, but the level of stupidity here...is...just...so...painfully...high...

I totally understand why the Queen, FroggyStyle and GL2greatness troll this place. You guys are just too easy and out of touch.

SMU! PAGEANTRY! NO PROFANITY! (But alcohol at games?) WE WANT BETTER ATTENDANCE BUT ONLY IF Y'ALL ARE CLASSY! WE'RE BETTER THAN TSSM! ACU!

...laughing my mf'in ass off.

This forum chases students off like, as I posted before, Clint Eastwood chases Asians off his yard.

Says this guy:

- All people in all Fort Worth suburbs are $30,000 millionaires.

- Hates best buy customers, works at best buy. Probably the one on northeast loop of 820, near watauga just next to that lovable restaraunt we all like to go to named bjs.

- Has a high amount of hatred for old people as well as a high amount of hatred for students that graduated in may.

- Not a marine, has no force field.

- Likes Harry potter, still young enough and imaginative enough to fly around playing quit itch.

- On cutting edge of profanity.

- Like froggy style and houston coog, only posts here because favorite nfl team message board banned them.

- Wants to be moderator to shut down this thread

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Says this guy:

- All people in all Fort Worth suburbs are $30,000 millionaires.

- Hates best buy customers, works at best buy. Probably the one on northeast loop of 820, near watauga just next to that lovable restaraunt we all like to go to named bjs.

- Has a high amount of hatred for old people as well as a high amount of hatred for students that graduated in may.

- Not a marine, has no force field.

- Likes Harry potter, still young enough and imaginative enough to fly around playing quit itch.

- On cutting edge of profanity.

- Like froggy style and houston coog, only posts here because favorite nfl team message board banned them.

- Wants to be moderator to shut down this thread

The last one is my favorite. "Wants to be moderator to shut down this thread"

You should probably go back to school.

You should keep your memes on Facebook where they belong, you know, annoying all your """friends""" and """family""".

Or, maybe Reddit.Says the guy annoying a whole board.

Perhaps you could take your advice and only post on facebook and Reddit instead of bothering us?

• Upvote 2

Perhaps you could take your advice and only post on facebook and Reddit instead of bothering us?

It's too much fun, you guys are so easy to troll when you get angry. As I've said before, I understand why the Queen, FroggyStyle and GL2greatness come back. Hilarious. You guys are, by far, the easiest to get upset and on the defensive. Just way too much fun. Especially when you consider this place is a bunch of 30-50 year old guys...LMFAO.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Well, at least you admit to being a troll I guess. The other ones don't, so I guess yay?

For the record, I don't care if the student body tricks up the Fight Song at all. They can sing in tongues for all I care. But I am finding your trolling sermonizing beyond annoying.

As I said back on Page 9 (which seems so long ago now!), I can't believe this thread lasted 9 pages. And now it looks like it'll double that length by the end.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4

Well, at least you admit to being a troll I guess. The other ones don't, so I guess yay?

See, but they have a sole purpose to troll. I try to discuss UNT and football but you guys think any point that is opposite to yours is really stupid and would rather discuss pageantry, so I just revert to trolling.

• Downvote 2

It's too much fun, you guys are so easy to troll when you get angry. As I've said before, I understand why the Queen, FroggyStyle and GL2greatness come back. Hilarious. You guys are, by far, the easiest to get upset and on the defensive. Just way too much fun. Especially when you consider this place is a bunch of 30-50 year old guys...LMFAO.

So you're a student at the greatest University in the whole world and you chose to use your time trolling a message board?

When I was at UNT, the last place you would find me, if I weren't writing papers, is on my computer.

Get out and enjoy dude. Make some friends. Meet a lady.

Oh, and don't say "M F'er" in the fight song.

So you're a student at the greatest University in the whole world and you chose to use your time trolling a message board?

When I was at UNT, the last place you would find me, if I weren't writing papers, is on my computer.

Get out and enjoy dude. Make some friends. Meet a lady.

Oh, and don't say "M F'er" in the fight song.

It's the summer. What papers am I going to be writing in the summer? I graduate next semester.

And since y'all love to stalk my personal life, you should know that I'm engaged and have a lot of friends, since y'all love to google my name and look at my FB and all.

I mean, come on, it's 12:30 on a Friday morning. It was a nice try, though.

Edited by meangreener

It's the summer. What papers am I going to be writing in the summer? I graduate next semester.

And since y'all love to stalk my personal life, you should know that I'm engaged and have a lot of friends, since y'all love to google my name and look at my FB and all.

I like that you respond to almost all of my posts... It's almost like you actually CARE about what I say. :wub:

I have better things to do than to try and find out who you are on Facebook dude. I have no earthly idea who I'm talking to.

Congratulations on your engagement. I would suggest passing time by hanging out with your ladyfriend rather than stepping in ant piles on the internet.

• Upvote 4

You're a celebrity man, if I ever see you at a UNT football game please sign my hat.

I know what you're doing here. And I was once exactly like you.

• Upvote 1

This is ridiculous. We finally have a "real school" tradition that gets the students fired up, and the older alumni are against it. I find this very funny because I know that the students saying these added words are the ones who make road trip games and stay for the whole game even though UNT is losing, and most of the alumni/students are leaving. These are also the students who want to change UNT into a more spirited and motivated school instead of letting the band try to motivate us with Friday night high school pump up songs.

I have been on numerous road trips to away games such as Clemson, LSU, and Houston where added cuss words are very common for fight songs and other activities involving the student section. I will probably get the response of just because they do it does not mean that we should. I know we cannot compare ourselves to LSU but look at the potential we can have by creating a motivated "real school" student section. If the students are fired up/motivated, then the football team will feed off of it and know they have a real fan base. I also know that a lot of the football players love it.

I am damn proud to have recently graduated from this outstanding university and I cannot wait to see a change in UNT athletics.

-Spring 13 grad, Marine and Afghanistan Veteran

I did some research. There is nothing to prove that Clemson, LSU or Houston have added cuss words to their fight song..

It's not a tradition if it's only been going on for 3 years. And it's not a tradition if the majority of the fan base is against it.

I see you're a Marine. How about we add the f-bomb to the Marines' Hymn? That should fire up our troops.

-Spring 09 grad, civilian

• Upvote 1

Even Trolls love rock and role. I was just thinking, perhaps we are tradition poor because our school song almost instructs us to be. "...through the corridor of years we will FORGET the joys and tears"? What in the hell is THAT supposed to mean? Isn't an alma mater's song supposed to be about remembrance instead of forgetting? I have an entire list of traditions we have lost at North Texas and some of them need to be revived. I will post them at a later date. Perhaps some of you can think of a few as well.

I did some research. There is nothing to prove that Clemson, LSU or Houston have added cuss words to their fight song..

It's not a tradition if it's only been going on for 3 years. And it's not a tradition if the majority of the fan base is against it.

I see you're a Marine. How about we add the f-bomb to the Marines' Hymn? That should fire up our troops.

1) So if it's not been added, does that then mean that no one yells it unofficially?

2) Many servicemen and women go by the old adage, "I don't agree with what you're saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." You can do research on that too if you want, but on a personal level it's more important to talk to individuals about something like that rather than see the statistics. These are the same ones who don't like you burning the flag, but think you should be allowed to do it.

My point here should be obvious, but I'll spell it out just to be sure. No one seems to be wanting to officially add bad words to the fight song, but the proponents are saying that those who choose to do so should be allowed to, possibly in a limited capacity or restricted to specific areas. That's entirely different from officially changing the words to the US Marines' own song.

It is wholly illogical to claim that allowing one group to sing words of their choosing to a school song is the same as requiring uniformed service personnel to sing the same words in theirs.

• Upvote 1

You didn't do very good research.

Clemson, LSU and Houston may not have "cuss words" in their fight songs but CK did post some examples of students have chants containing cuss words plus I found a better version of LSU's Neck song and even pulled up something from Clemson.

Houston

^I heard "talkin bout them m'fn Cougars" in that one

LSU

^Suck that Tiger d**k b***h

Clemson

^F**k you seminoles chant. (Mocking archrival Florida State) and do the tomahawk chop with their middle fingers.

NONE of the above would ever be allowed by UNT and GMG would complain like there's no tomorrow.

So he does have a point.

And you have proven that you would NEVER call anyone's opinion that does not agree with yours stupid or just directly call them stupid. The high road is your specialty.

I thought the high road was TCU's specialty....

Edited by FroggyStyle
  • Upvote 1

NONE of the above would ever be allowed by UNT and GMG would complain like there's no tomorrow.

So he does have a point.

Based on our behavior, we must have hit the "big time". At least from a board perspective, we aren't behaving any different than LSU...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/21899282/The-Banning-of-Neck.aspx

Or Cougar High for that matter...

One of our songs (The Womp Womp) was banned for a season or two because of student profanity. It was recently brought back. The lyrics are: "C-O-U-G-A-R-S...I'm talkin' 'bout the COUGARS!" Here's how it should

Instead, some spell it out, and then say: "the mother(blanking) COUGARS!"

Read more at http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/1cqqos/132_teams_in_132_days_the_houston_cougars/

See, but they have a sole purpose to troll. I try to discuss UNT and football but you guys think any point that is opposite to yours is really stupid and would rather discuss pageantry, so I just revert to trolling.

Not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. Stop getting butthurt when they don't agree with you. It's part of growing up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. Stop getting butthurt when they don't agree with you. It's part of growing up.

It's not about agreeing with opinions. It's about showing an astonishingly low ability to throw your opinion out in a non-demeaning manner, something nobody on here really can do. It's a message board, nobody changes their opinion...people can't even argue effectively on here without talking down to people. Kind of pathetic, really

Not to mention any one who has "grown up" would use the word butthurt. You're the same age as my parents and spend your days spewing negativity, bitching and using the word "butthurt".

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 4

Not to mention any one who has "grown up" would use the word butthurt. You're the same age as my parents and spend your days spewing negativity, bitching and using the word "butthurt".

So older generations aren't allowed to use the cool kids' language?

So older generations aren't allowed to use the cool kids' language?

Who said butthurt was "cool kids' language"? If you choose to use language found on Reddit, populated by high schoolers then that's your prerogative, subject to mockery.

If you ever notice, rarely do I ever start any insult slinging. Maybe abrasive and blunt, but never do I start a discussion in a derogatory manner. People talk crap on the Internet all the time, keyboard warriors because they are fairly anonymous. This entire argument with me was because people can't have a peaceful discussion without making snide comments then getting "butthurt" when called out on snide tongue in cheek comments they'd likely not make to someone's face. Maybe I don't get the antisocial aspect of the Internet well enough to coexist peacefully on it.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 2