GoMeanGreen.com PostPost Game show

Evan

Good job guys. I was most impressed by our punting. Some amazing kicks tonight.

One correction: DT did have a turnover which could have turned the game around in USA's favor. Overall, DT had a poor game. That AVG is truely horrible. Our team still needs a lot of improvement everywhere but improved play from the quarterback position next year would make the biggest difference in this team.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT D. Thompson 12/28 106 3.8 1 1

Bynes had managed to create a whole 6" of separation from the defender. DT threaded a needle to get it to Bynes and before he tucked it away, the defeneder took it away from Bynes. DT sucked plenty today, but I would put most of that INT on Bynes. It isn't like the pass was bad or thrown directly to the defender.

Of course, DT could just throw it away when the receivers don't get themselves open, but that generates a different set of complaints.

DT has taken a lot of flack on this board. He is severely limited w/o Chancellor, our only playmaker at receiver. I remember one play in this game when he threw it perfectly for Delgado and the receiver gave up on the route which would have been a long touchdown if he keeps running. How quickly 25 of 28 against the #1 team in the nation is forgotten. DT doesn't play defense and there are plenty of fingers to be pointed on that side of the ball. DT may not be perfect but he is one helluva lot better than what is behind him. If anyone saw McNulty/ Osborne last year against Tulsa you know what I mean. Brock Berlund may be as great as everyone thinks, but I'm leary of anyone who has been around that many places in that short a time. As Coach Blakeley used to say people only go to JC because they are dumb or they are outlaws. At least w/ DT you get maximum effort and character albeit not always perfection.

• Upvote 1