As you scan the crowd today

emmitt01

Remember that this AD staff knows more about promotions than you.

Remember that Mac has a plan. Oh yeah, and Todge had one too.

Remember that the cupboard was bare...again, somehow.

Remember that little things like attending bonfire arent important. (Even though A-state stayed at a Denton hotel. Do they not hold team meetings?)

Remember that any/all complaints make you immature and misinformed.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 23

Honestly, just shut up. Just please, shut the hell up. You sound like a 11 year old girl who didn't get the pony she wanted for her birthday.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that yes, the AD staff, you know...people hired for such a role with a background and education in such a role...do in fact know more about promotions and such than I do. I'm also going to assume that Mac has a plan, and that Todge had one as well. I don't see the point you're making there...every coach has a plan, but not all coaches have a good plan. I also don't see the point you're making about the cupboard being bare again. Just because a shitty coach inherited a bad team with a bare cupboard, and then also left said team years later with a bare cupboard (remember the "shitty" part of his title), doesn't mean that EVERY coach will do this.

Seriously, this is the single stupidest, most worthless post I've seen on this site in my few months here. Mac won more games in less than 2 years than Dodge did in 43 games. If you don't see a difference, then you have one less working eye than Mac does.

One day, when you've invested as much money and time as many of us have and still seen the same "reasons" trotted out you'll understand why I have a hard time being talked down to by a snot nosed kid who hides behind a keyboard. Until then I'm not hard to find.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 20

One day, when you've invested as much money and time as many of us have and still seen the same "reasons" trotted out you'll understand why I have a hard time being talked down to by a snot nosed kid who hides behind a keyboard. Until then I'm not hard to find.

How'd you know that I have a runny rose right now? You must be watching me....I'm scared....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Remember that this AD staff knows more about promotions than you.

Remember that Mac has a plan. Oh yeah, and Todge had one too.

Remember that the cupboard was bare...again, somehow.

Remember that little things like attending bonfire arent important. (Even though A-state stayed at a Denton hotel. Do they not hold team meetings?)

Remember that any/all complaints make you immature and misinformed.

Blah Blah Blah.....

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, just shut up. Just please, shut the hell up. You sound like a 11 year old girl who didn't get the pony she wanted for her birthday.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that yes, the AD staff, you know...people hired for such a role with a background and education in such a role...do in fact know more about promotions and such than I do. I'm also going to assume that Mac has a plan, and that Todge had one as well. I don't see the point you're making there...every coach has a plan, but not all coaches have a good plan. I also don't see the point you're making about the cupboard being bare again. Just because a shitty coach inherited a bad team with a bare cupboard, and then also left said team years later with a bare cupboard (remember the "shitty" part of his title), doesn't mean that EVERY coach will do this.

Seriously, this is the single stupidest, most worthless post I've seen on this site in my few months here. Mac won more games in less than 2 years than Dodge did in 43 games. If you don't see a difference, then you have one less working eye than Mac does.

Might wanna tap the breaks there.

Being one of the only students wearing UNT swag, promoting Talons in an empty Super Pit and on and on have earned Emmitt quite a bit if equity in this arena. And quite honestly, his point us that we are seeing the same stuff we saw under DD and under TD.

It boils down to this:

We can say things are different. But there bit different until we get different results (bball under JJ versus Trilli for example)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Might wanna tap the breaks there.

Being one of the only students wearing UNT swag, promoting Talons in an empty Super Pit and on and on have earned Emmitt quite a bit if equity in this arena. And quite honestly, his point us that we are seeing the same stuff we saw under DD and under TD.

It boils down to this:

We can say things are different. But there bit different until we get different results (bball under JJ versus Trilli for example)

I know my post came off a bit strong, but I meant no disrespect.

I do completely disagree though. How are we seeing the same things still? If I recall, last year was our first season with more than 3 wins in quite some time, no? Had we gone 2-10 last year and if we were 1-7 so far this year, I could understand the more of the same argument. But we aren't. This isn't the same. We were a win away from bowl eligibility last year. We looked respectable at LSU and KState, which is a lot more than could be said under any Dodge team (of course I'm excluding the KState near-win from 2010, because Dodgeypoo wasn't coach at the time, and KState wasn't nearly as good as they are this year). The culture is slowly changing. There's a new stadium, a new walkway. These may seem superficial, but trust me, the idiots of my generation and the even dumber kids of future ones eat that shit up.

We're all frustrated to some degree, whether we're experiencing this for the first time or for the 30th. It sucks for all of us. And I understand the apprehension that one has after years of empty promises and lackluster results on the field. But, you guys can't let that skew your vision of the present. Despite the struggles, this is a changed team heading in the right direction.

For fun's sake, let's assume we go 4-8 this year. That's 9 wins in 2 seasons. 9-15 doesn't look pretty, no, but it looks a lot better than 6-37 does, which was Dodge's record here, to state the obvious. But, even speculation aside, let's look at the W/L % of Dodge vs that of Mac's through last weeks game.

Dodge - 6-37 - .139

McCarney - 8-12 - .400

Point proven. And this is with Dodge's leftovers. Give the man some time to recruit his own players his own way, with a new stadium and new conference to use as pitches, and you'll see the end result you want. If he can do it with Iowa State, he can do it here.

• Upvote 4

Two boys walk into a barn, and see a large pile of horse dung in the corner. One boy says,"this barn stinks. lets get out of here." The other boy says,"not me. a pile of dung that big must have a pony in it". Difference between pessimism and optimisn.

Cute, yes, but so totally flawed.

Pessimist="This barn stinks, just like my life does."

Optimist="It smells bad in here, but I'm sure it will smell better outside so that's where I'll go."

Realist="This place smells like shit. Oh look, there's the source of the smell. I will remove it and the smell will go away."

The pessimist later killed himself, the optimist died outside in the cold hoping that the cold would go away, and the realist put the horse poopy on the optimist's frozen body, and then proceeded to sleep in the fresher smelling barn.

• Upvote 1

Dan needs five years to win. Just look at hudspeth and freeze and Malzahn...how could we possibly expect to be competitive at this point. Nobody wins in the first two years. Lower your expectations people.

Flash in the pan. We're slowly rebuilding a program from literally NOTHING to attempt to create a sustainable and respectable program. Every year has freak teams that jump up for a couple seasons or so then re-crash to earth (FIU alert). Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to get one of those seasons (or multiple of them) soon, because I'm certainly not downplaying how great they are and how much easier winning makes building, but to judge improvement based on nothing more than other teams having freak seasons is to not judge improvement at all.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Flash in the pan. We're slowly rebuilding a program from literally NOTHING to attempt to create a sustainable and respectable program. Every year has freak teams that jump up for a couple seasons or so then re-crash to earth (FIU alert). Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to get one of those seasons (or multiple of them) soon, because I'm certainly not downplaying how great they are and how much easier winning makes building, but to judge improvement based on nothing more than other teams having freak seasons is to not judge improvement at all.

Shining example of where our expectations should be.

Have to side with stormchaser here. Homecoming is the promotion this week period. It shouldn't take something special to get people back on Homecoming, period. Speaking of Talons, do they do anything besides shoot the cannon? Maybe their alumni should come back and raise expectations.

Freeze, Hudspeth, Malzahn etc... didn't follow a mess like Dodge left. Malzahn inherited a conference champ. TD inherited a program that was on the downturn due to DD's laziness and made it worse through ignorance and ego. McCarney has us headed in the right direction. Look at his recruits, that are either RS Frosh or sophmores, and you can see we are headed in the right direction.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Dodge never got beat this bad by Arkansas State , 4 losses by a combined 18 points

Mac's 2 losses to Arkansas State = 41 points

Not sure we can really be doggin on Dodge right now , at least not vs Arkansas St

I've got to give props to the ASU offense today. I really struggled to follow the ball. This ASU team is a hell of a lot better than the 2008 Rice team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1