Even on a bad day

BillySee58

Unfortunately I missed the game today due to my club baseball games, so I was relegated to tracking it on my phone.

I saw DT was having a bad game at least statistically so I wanted to see what the reactions would be like on here. I'll be honest, I am not a fan of DT's quarterback play at all but I was a little surprised to see how harsh people were on here.

That being said, as someone who has been heavily in favor of starting Berglund over DT next year, I wanted to point out that DT had a bad day throwing so he could minimally impact the game in a positive way for us. Even if Berglund starts and plays great for us he is going to be off every now and then, even if just for a half. That's just part of football. The thing is, as a true dual threat qb he can make plays with his legs any game and still make plays for us if he is off passing. You can be off throwing but unless you're injured you don't really have an off day athletically.

Just some food for thought. Hope he can pick it up for the rest of the year and at least complete the short passes.

It's hard not to be harsh on Thompson. Every so often, he gets a bad hand on a passing play - the line breaks down, he gets chased out of pocket, or there's coverage everywhere. But generally speaking, he gets plenty of time in the pocket and there's usually an open receiver or two. With everything in his favor, he still manages to over or underthrow a receiver or he doesn't check down, so he lobs the ball into tight coverage.

I mean, he's great when he's on, but he's more off than anything else.

It's hard not to be harsh on Thompson. Every so often, he gets a bad hand on a passing play - the line breaks down, he gets chased out of pocket, or there's coverage everywhere. But generally speaking, he gets plenty of time in the pocket and there's usually an open receiver or two. With everything in his favor, he still manages to over or underthrow a receiver or he doesn't check down, so he lobs the ball into tight coverage.

I mean, he's great when he's on, but he's more off than anything else.

No dude I'm harsh on him too, I was just surprised to see everyone on here so tough on him. I don't even think he's anything good when he's on. All the passes he completes are short ones, like in that K-State game. He did good but none of the passes he completed made me say "Wow, DT is one of very few quartebacks who can make that throw."