Vito Q&A with Adam Sparks MUTS Beat Writer

Harry

4. How big is this game for MTSU?

Very big. I think if MTSU wins this, it goes to a bowl. That would give the Blue Raiders five wins, and they still have South Alabama on the schedule. If they lose this one, it will be tough to get to bowl eligibility. Aside from beating South Alabama, they would have to get a win at WKU, at Arkansas State or at home against Troy, who has beaten MTSU six straight times.

5. How do you see this game going?

My colleagues at the paper picked North Texas to win. I picked MTSU in a close one. I think it’s a toss-up game. I think both teams will run the ball well. I feel like MTSU to get a few big plays in the passing game, but the Blue Raider pass defense has been in a slump lately. It comes down to turnovers and special teams. I’ll go with MTSU because of a blocked kick or long return. MTSU 24, North Texas 21

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2012/10/qa-with-adam-sparks-of-the-daily-news-journal.html/