Interesting visitor at Apogee

Green Bloods

I sat behind a gentleman at the game last Tuesday who was on a mission to see every division one stadium. Apogee was number 112 on his journey. He called it not just one of the nicest stadiums of its size, but one of the nicest he had seen. I consistently see visiting fans complimenting Apogee, and that makes me proud.

Nice to hear this!

I sat behind a gentleman at the game last Tuesday who was on a mission to see every division one stadium. Apogee was number 112 on his journey. He called it not just one of the nicest stadiums of its size, but one of the nicest he had seen. I consistently see visiting fans complimenting Apogee, and that makes me proud.

I've been to Kyle Field this season as well as Reynold's Razorback stadium and while both of them are more than two times the size of Apogee neither can hold a candle.

The concourse area on the fifth level of Kyle literally smelled like a barn. And as a kid from East Texas it wasn't the pleasant barn smell you associate with growing up. The seating was laughable too. Granted, visitors are always going to get the worst seats but it was really seating only in name. Very cramped and just shoved together to gain more capacity. The Aggie fans were very nice and welcoming though. The students make Kyle Field a nice experience and if it weren't for them and their traditions there would be nothing to write home about. The Alumni side at Kyle seemed more in tune with our Alumni side with regard to boisterousness.

Razorback stadium seating was nicer and a bit roomier but I was also sitting with a season ticket holder and not in the visiting fan section. Still though the concourse(s) were tighter than Apogee, dark, damp with water everywhere and had concessions more in tune with Fouts save the lone Chik-fil-a outpost. They had tube style TVs hanging about 20 feet overhead in the concourse area. And the tvs were positioned so that if you were standing in line to order you could not see them. You had to be standing in the middle of the concourse parallel to the concessions and looking up to see the screens. Our student section already blows theirs away. It seems the alumni are the ones that carry the torch in Fayetteville. (FYI - Kentucky doesn't or at least didn't travel well with only maybe a third of their seats filled for this game. I was somewhat surprised by this for two reasons - conference foes and the fact that Kentucky and Arkansas don't play each other every year.)

Make no mistake, Apogee is an absolute jewel.

post script - Apogee parking, even without the new bridge, trumps those places too.

• Upvote 1