Can we go 3-2 to get to 6-6?

bdan2002

Yes, we can go bowling.

Bye week gives us extra time to Get ready for an improved MUTS team we destroyed last year.

USA is a win.

That means we need to win just one against AState, Monroe, or WKY.

There is the right number of bowl suspensions that every team with a winning record should go to a bowl. In fact if CUSA continues to implode they might even be one bowl team short this year.

I also think 3-2 is very visible for the rest: MTSUs loss of Benny Cunningham is huge. Without that i would be think this is 50-50 on the road. But we have not yet had real bad luck on injuries this season (thinking of an DT/Chancellor/Orr injury makes me cringe). But Cunningham beat Georgia tech basically by hmself, and without him they are a very pedestrian team, that I think we ought to beat. USA has to be win. and A state at apogee also has a good chance of being a W. And if we really should botch one of these 3 I think we may be dogs, but dogs with a fair shot at ULM and W-Kentucky.

Edited by outoftown

MTSU is the biggest game of the year. Win & we get to .500 and then.......

Ark St becomes the biggest game of the year. Win & we are over .500 for the first time in forever & then...

S Alabama becomes tne biggest game of the year. Win & we have our first winning season in forever & then...

ULM becomes the biggest game of the year. Win and we play for the championship & then...

WKU becomes the biggest game in several years!

Sorry, I ran out of orange juice so I had green Kool-Aid for breakfast.

• Upvote 2

MTSU is the biggest game of the year. Win & we get to .500 and then.......

Ark St becomes the biggest game of the year. Win & we are over .500 for the first time in forever & then...

S Alabama becomes tne biggest game of the year. Win & we have our first winning season in forever & then...

ULM becomes the biggest game of the year. Win and we play for the championship & then...

WKU becomes the biggest game in several years!

Sorry, I ran out of orange juice so I had green Kool-Aid for breakfast.

Following that scenario, don't leave out that the S. Alabama win makes us bowl eligible, but not necessarily an overall winning season until winning the ULM game.

I consider Indiana to be the first win I've seen, so since then, just about every win has been the biggest win I've seen.

Logical, rational me can see that we're turning a corner for real this time and that we do have a legitmate shot at getting to the magical 6 win mark this season.

Illogical, irrational me, brought up on loss after humiliating loss prior to the Indiana game, hasn't got it through my head that the days of UNT damn near actively seeking out a way to screw it all up are over.

As objectively as I can, I'll say that the over under this year is 50% and that we're one arm short of doing some really amazing things.

• Downvote 1

I was looking at SBC stats and scores. If the Mean Green play the way they did in the 2nd half this week, I could see us ostensibly winning every game. Consistency is the key, and we haven't had that in a loooong time. But if we finally establish that, starting now, I can see us winning out the rest of the season, including tight ones over ULM and WKY. If not, I can see the possibility that we will be pouting over another 4-5 win season.

After Tuesday's game I think we'll see a little more swagger from this team. They'll play with a confidence that hasn't been there before. They know they can come back, so they won't get down on themselves when behind. Chico will open it up earlier in all of these games, so we won't be so predictable. Hell, we might even see 4 in the box against us again if he keeps it up. With Sarge back the D is more able to step up when called upon to do so. This UNT Team changed right before our very eyes on Tuesday and there's no going back. They have no reason to fear any Sun Belt team and now they know it.

• Upvote 1

Vince Lombardi said "Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."

A big comeback win breeds confidence and makes you harder to beat in future games.

The last game seemed to show that we are learning how to win even in tough situations.

It's a process... but this thing is starting to turn around. That was a big 24-3 comeback.

Trust in McCarney.

I don't get all the WKU love. ULM has the best QB and, by no coincidence, the best team in the conference. WKU has wins against a 1 win Kentucky team and a winless Southern Miss squad. They lost by a larger margin to Alabama than we did to LSU. They've had to come from behind in both of their Sun Belt games.

I call the UNT-WKU game even. For some reason we usually play pretty well up there, so maybe we pull it out and get revenge for last year's home loss.

I don't get all the WKU love. ULM has the best QB and, by no coincidence, the best team in the conference. WKU has wins against a 1 win Kentucky team and a winless Southern Miss squad. They lost by a larger margin to Alabama than we did to LSU. They've had to come from behind in both of their Sun Belt games.

I call the UNT-WKU game even. For some reason we usually play pretty well up there, so maybe we pull it out and get revenge for last year's home loss.

Probably because ULM's games don't look as impressive as once thought to be...

I'll give them credit for beating Arkansas, because they were doing a good job even when teh starting QB was in the game... but looking at Arkansas now, they are 3-4 with wins over Kentucky, Jacksonville St. and...

Auburn, who beat ULM in overtime, which is their lone victory on the season (1-5), they aren't looking too good right now, especially after a 41-20 drubbing by Ole Miss...

and Baylor, who they played down to the wire in a loss at Monroe, the Bears meanwhile, are 3-2 with their other 2 wins coming over Sam Houston St. and Smoo... and they just lost by 28 points to TCU who was playing with a backupQB in his second start...

besides that... the Warhawks have beaten:

Tulane, who have to be the WORS... oh, wait... maybe smoo is teh worst...

Middle Tennessee, who, for the life of me, I cannot judge how good or bad this team is

and Florida Atlantic, who might have won their only game of the year against Wagner in a 7-3 thriller!

WKU may have lost to Alabama by a wider margin than we lost to LSU, but Alabama is a much better team than LSU. They held Bama to 103 rushing yards on 31 carries. They held their own upfront against the best offense line in the country. That's impressive any way you slice it. I'd put them slightly above us right now, but that is certainly a winnable game. And I don't mean to be a pessimist, but we probably need to go 7-5 to ensure a bowl game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And I don't mean to be a pessimist, but we probably need to go 7-5 to ensure a bowl game.

Nope, all 6-6 teams should go bowling. Usually only two or three bowl eligible teams get left out, but there are too many bowl bans this year (Ohio St, Penn St, NC St, maybe UCF, and I think there's one more) the NCAA might not be able to fill all 70 bowl slots with .500 teams.

The SBC could have 4 or 5 bowl eligible teams that get to fill the slots the Big 10 and CUSA can't fill.