Frat haters

northtexassigep

Lower case "G", people. Lower case "G".

Actually now I'm a big G. The girls see I got the money...

Unconfirmed reports are saying that you insist upon receiving yours in a big black truck, but do not hold others to the same requirements.

Unconfirmed? I guess if you were from where he's from, you'd just know.

Thursday morning: MADE

• Upvote 3

Whatever happens, even when the day comes that Roger Gooddell grants UNT a special exempted spot in the NFL playoffs and the Mean Green wins the Super Bowl, at home in Apogee, on worldwide television, bringing tears to the eyes of terrorists across the globe and introducing an era of thousands of years of world peace, an end to poverty, and a brand new sports car to every season ticket holder, always, always spend the bulk of your energy seeking out a group of fans who are doing it differently than you do, and therefore are doing it wrong, because that ALWAYS brings a long-term increase in attendance and fan retention. Always.

• Upvote 6

Whatever happens, even when the day comes that Roger Gooddell grants UNT a special exempted spot in the NFL playoffs and the Mean Green wins the Super Bowl, at home in Apogee, on worldwide television, bringing tears to the eyes of terrorists across the globe and introducing an era of thousands of years of world peace, an end to poverty, and a brand new sports car to every season ticket holder, always, always spend the bulk of your energy seeking out a group of fans who are doing it differently than you do, and therefore are doing it wrong, because that ALWAYS brings a long-term increase in attendance and fan retention. Always.

You did see who decided to start this talk up again right?

• Upvote 1

At least we have some to turn on. Yalls didn't even show up to tailgate. And they don't even have their own houses. Lame...

1. 44-21

2. You are an idiot. All of the Greek Houses are on Bayou Oaks which is across the street from campus. You would think you'd research your facts before talking shit.

3. You're part of UNT's Sig Ep. If I want some roofies, I will PM you.

• Downvote 5

1. 44-21

2. You are an idiot. All of the Greek Houses are on Bayou Oaks which is across the street from campus. You would think you'd research your facts before talking shit.

3. You're part of UNT's Sig Ep. If I want some roofies, I will PM you.

The apartment looking things that are all connected? Not houses.

Wow...that joke is like 3 years old and was never even remotely true. A for effort though.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 1

Bayou Oaks isn't a bunch of big houses, but it's a better greek presence on campus than when I was at UH. More permanent, and its existence appeases the homeowners of the nearby neighborhood, who didn't like the big houses that the fraternities used to have there. That was partly why the sororities who did have houses had them several miles away from campus.

It makes sense for the UH greeks to have smaller housing than UNT greeks do, because UNT has a larger greek population than UH does. Not to mention that UNT probably doesn't have the issues with nearby homeowners that UH did. Not that I've heard, anyway.

• Upvote 1

I am a Senior at North Texas and me and my "fraternity" brothers have been going to games since our freshman year. Not just home games but we have traveled to Clemson, bama, Lsu, and K state. It is so immature how so many of the alumni on here always want to call frat people out for the weak home crowds. That game tonight was so much fun for me and my friends and when I come on here to see how all of the mean green fans are celebrating you seem more obsessed over the crowd and the frat daddies who stayed out and tailgated. Do I ever come on here and blame the GDIs for not coming? No because it does nothing for our School. And I understand people who didn't rush a fraternity aren't defined by that and it goes the same way with rushing a fraternity. I have seen more greeks at away games than any other students combined so please stop. I get you hate SMU and so do I but you dont have to hate greeks here too.

GMG GMG GMG GMG Thats all that matters

PS

Lets go bowling

Congrats for doing what you're supposed to?

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

It's kind of silly to focus on the few haters anyway. I've always been glad that aside from the Talons, the Greeks are usually the only group on campus to show considerable support at every event and not wander around wearing some other school's apparel. Residence Life groups are usually pretty good about it too, but regardless of some of the problems our Greeks have had with a few members and organizations over the years, the fact is that their actives and alums support the school in higher percentages than the overall student and alumni populations. This is one example that everyone else could definitely follow regardless of organizational affiliation. Any school with Greek life attached sees its share of related challenges, but I can certainly see that the long term benefits outweigh those issues, which are based on more stringent and well-policed rules than you find among the rest of the student population.

That being said, just keep doing what you do, be your best and everything will work out in the end. I think you guys have more support than you think you do, it just so happens that the detractors often tend to be the loudest.

And Cougar King could probably make some decent money off of some "Greek House mullet" t-shirts if they were flashy enough ;) Don't deny, embrace! :D

• Upvote 3