UNT to open pedestrian bridge to Apogee Stadium Oct.16

Harry

A ribbon cutting ceremony for the pedestrian bridge over Interstate 35 East, which connects the UNT main campus to Apogee Stadium, will take place from 5-5:30 p.m. UNT's football game in Apogee Stadium against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette begins at 8 p.m.

View the full article

Well, kudos for RV and whoever else got this done. Great timing, obviously.

Helen Bailey. If any of you know of her, you'll know how diligent her dedication is to getting things done to get this campus on track. If you see the smaller lady with beach-colored hair at the ribbon cutting. Thank her.

Also, that county judge that paid for half of it.

• Upvote 1

Helen Bailey. If any of you know of her, you'll know how diligent her dedication is to getting things done to get this campus on track. If you see the smaller lady with beach-colored hair at the ribbon cutting. Thank her.

I believe "that county judge" would be Mary Horn! Yes, thank her.

• Upvote 1

Which beach, Galveston or Gulf Shores?

• Upvote 3

This is a tremendous accomplishment, especially on the heels of a new stadium, the basketball practice facility. It shows UNT is dedicated to succeeding in athletics.

And understanding that this has occurred over the past 10 - 12 years..........and very little dedication prior to that time..........might we all say in unison "about damned time"!!!

It does make an old feller happy..............and proud.

• Upvote 1

Im excited about the restaurant, convention ctr and 13 story 300+ room hotel at Apogee...that's where I will be staying when in Denton !

I;m very excited for the bridge AND the hotel. I will be staying at that hotel at least twice a year, I am sure.

Edited by UNT90

First jumper from bridge just reported. Evidently it was some young kid that had once tried to walk on with the football program, but was kicked out of the program for being a douche. His girlfriend cheated on him. He transferred to another school because they were going to have college gameday there, but eventually realized what a huge mistake he had made, so he came back to UNT and ended it all.

RIP Cougar King

• Upvote 4

First jumper from bridge just reported. Evidently it was some young kid that had once tried to walk on with the football program, but was kicked out of the program for being a douche. His girlfriend cheated on him. He transferred to another school because they were going to have college gameday there, but eventually realized what a huge mistake he had made, so he came back to UNT and ended it all.

RIP Cougar King

LOL!

I know you jest about C.K, but I don't see any place on that bridge that anyone could contort their bodies to make any kind of jump onto I-35E............just sayin'.:)

GMG!