Halftime

James329

10-0. UNT should have more points on the board, but they can't put anything together. The offense continues to lack any rhythm, and they haven't been able to run the ball. Would still like to see some different play calling. Fortunatly there have been a couple turnovers in the red zone or they could be losing this game. They really need to get going, this is week 5.

This is one of the worst sequences of football that I have seen. Are we sure dodge isn't still running this thing? 3 1st downs in the red zone after penalties negated two good field goals, and they can't move the ball at all. Actually, they keep moving it backwards. The play calling is atrocious, and so is Thompson.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is one of the worst sequences of football that I have seen. Are we sure dodge isn't still running this thing? 3 1st downs in the red zone after penalties negated two good field goals, and they can't move the ball at all. Actually, they keep moving it backwards. The play calling is atrocious, and so is Thompson.

Play calling wasn't bad. What are you going to do when your qb is having a bad game? Run. When the running game isn't working, what are you going to do? throw. What if both don't work? Throw in a couple trick plays and easy screen/short passes.

Run - no gain

Run - no gain

Pass on 3rd and long

Punt

Repeat.

More than the run/pass, it's the actual plays themselves. Can they not throw a slant to chancellor? Can they not throw more short quick passes, and call plays that don't take forever to develop. I know Thompson is bad but figure something out. This offense needs to be better.

Run - no gain

Run - no gain

Pass on 3rd and long

Punt

Repeat.

More than the run/pass, it's the actual plays themselves. Can they not throw a slant to chancellor? Can they not throw more short quick passes, and call plays that don't take forever to develop. I know Thompson is bad but figure something out. This offense needs to be better.

The last slant they tried Thompson stared the receiver down and threw a horrible pick that kept FAU in the game.