Sports Palace UNT vs. FAU line +5

Harry

• North Texas Mean Green (1-3) at Florida Atlantic Owls (1-3)
  • Date & Time: College Football: Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 5:00 pm (FAU Stadium)
  • The Line: The Line: Florida Atlantic Owls +5 — Over/Under: 49 See The Latest Odds

In terms of difficulty, Florida Atlantic's schedule the last two weeks was the very definition of brutal with Georgia and Alabama in succession. The Owls did reasonably well in both with a 56-20- loss to the Bulldogs and a 40-7 defeat to Alabama a week ago. Of course, the Crimson Tide didn't press the issue or this could have gotten even uglier but looking at the boxscore and we see Bama dominated every phase of the game with 503-110 advantage in total yards. FAU did exactly as I had expected by keeping the ball on the ground as much as possible with Jonathan Wallace (12-47) enjoying some success. Graham Wilbert (7-13/34) did connect on a sixyard TD to Alex Deleon late in the fourth so in the scope of things the Owls did okay under the circumstances with Alabama able to run or throw as they pleased.

North Texas has to run the football and dictate what the Owls do on offense with neither happening against Troy. This game will tell me more about what the Mean Green have in 2012 because I saw some of the old North Texas against Troy. I'm laying the points hoping for a stronger effort from the visitors...

read more: http://sportschatplace.com/college-football/mark/2012/september/29/florida-atlantic/north-texas/