U of Buffalo... on ESPN2 - ouch.

Stan R

Anyone see the Buffalo, Kent State game last night? I, unfortunately, did. There were probably 4,000 fans there, the field with the track around it along with the faded concrete looking astro-turf reminded me of fouts. It was awful. Worse than awful.

Folks we cannot allow that kind of turnout for our Tuesday night game. It was pathetic and honestly looked worse in terms of apathy than most high school games across Texas.

Do what you have to do, clear your schedule, MAKE THAT TUESDAY NIGHT ESPN2 GAME.

• Upvote 4

I hope rv was listening & does something?

question- is this my first warning post adm?

I hope the so-called fans and alums and students are listening and also do what they can do as well as RV and Company.....attend the darn game and support the Mean Green! The days of blaming everyone else for low turnstile counts should be over...time to look in the mirror and see the answer.

Edit: Why in the heck should this give you a warning? I see nothing to warrant such in your post.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope the so-called fans and alums and students are listening and also do what they can do as well as RV and Company.....attend the darn game and support the Mean Green! The days of blaming everyone else for low turnstile counts should be over...time to look in the mirror and see the answer.

Edit: Why in the heck should this give you a warning? I see nothing to warrant such in your post.

I'm coming in from Galveston with two others. If I can make it, others can as well. It is a VERY important game for North Texas.

• Upvote 1

The announced attendance at the game last night was like 14,200...

The stadium holds 29,000, so it was basically half full... It seemed about half full on tv...

We need to make sure that we get a better crowd on our Tuesday night game than that...

That stadium in Buffalo is a dump, though...

And they face some of the worst sports apathy of any school out there...

They probably aren't entirely disappointed with 14,000...

BE THERE! FILL UP APOGEE...let's show the nation what the Mean green Nation and its fan base is all about...come on, you know you can be there...get a baby-sitter lined up now if you need to do so, get someone to watch the dog if you must, but get to Apogee for this game. It will be great fun and you don't want to miss being part of this Tuesday night adventure! BE THERE...be there early and tailgate!

• Upvote 2

I'm taking M-W as vacation and driving up from Sugar Land.

Anyone else get an invitation in the mail to this?

UNT College of Music Gala: UNT Symphony meets UNT Jazz: an afternoon of symphonic music, jazz, and American standards. http://music.unt.edu...5&detail=121773

Good planning to have this on the Sunday before the game, but there should be cross-marketing so out-of-town people know that they could go to this on Sunday, and the game on Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

Just to let everyone know, the AD sent out an email to the restaurant partners a couple days ago and is asking all of those interested to sell 2 for $10 Wing tickets to all its patrons and the restaurant that sells the most will be honored on the field during the game. Just so y'all know HOOTERS will be making a big push to win this marketing opportunity and to help fill the wing.

• Upvote 1

BE THERE! FILL UP APOGEE...let's show the nation what the Mean green Nation and its fan base is all about...come on, you know you can be there...get a baby-sitter lined up now if you need to do so, get someone to watch the dog if you must, but get to Apogee for this game. It will be great fun and you don't want to miss being part of this Tuesday night adventure! BE THERE...be there early and tailgate!

Huh? We need those kids and babysitters in seats too!! Send the kids to school tired the next day or tell the school they are sick. We need butts in seats!!!

• Upvote 1

for yall with class that night....think they will cancel? We need as MANY students as possible.

I have been told they are looking into not only canceling classes but also closing down the dining halls and any student that attends the game can use their dinning card for a free dog or nacho and drink at the game.

• Upvote 5

I have been told they are looking into not only canceling classes but also closing down the dining halls and any student that attends the game can use their dinning card for a free dog or nacho and drink at the game.

Wow -- that's great to hear!!

I heard in order to keep the hippies from complaining they are giving away free "Eppy the Eagle" shaped bongs!

Finally, acknowledgement that "the culture has changed". Much of the change started when people began passing the bong while watching cowboys football on tv (of course, I have only heard about this from others).

Edited by eulessismore