Pep Rally

houstonmeangreen

will be driving up for the game...from Houston of course (houstonmeangreen)...will the pep rally be happening at the hill on the friday prior to the game...if so, what time? Anyone? ...and I use to go to the "texas pickup" to eat...so now I should go to_____________________? (note:hell is not an option for this quizzzzzzz)

• Upvote 2

One thing I saw that concerned me a little bit was they do have a free tuition promotion but they don't require you to be at the game to win...WHY CAN'T WE GET ON THE SAME PAGE??

https://transition.unt.edu/family-weekend/event

"Each ticket bought for the tuition draw is an opportunity to win a free semester's worth of tuition, valued at $4,200.  You can purchase tuition draw tickets for $5/ticket or $20/5 tickets prior to Family Weekend or on-site (at Family Weekend Registration) up until the football game's kickoff on Saturday.

Individuals who purchase tuition draw tickets at orientation will be included in the tuition draw.

The winners will be announced at half-time during the football game.

You do not have to be present to win."

Absolutely RIDICULOUS...though not surprising. Here's an idea, in fact the same one I pitched to our promotions head prior to TSU, why not sell the raffle tickets all day AT Apogee??! With a full day to tailgate kids can come up to buy them at their leisure. Hell, keep selling the tickets up until midway through the second quarter. Then announce at halftime. You're far more likely to reward a student who is PRESENT that way. We're talking free tuition here, why would you EVER miss the opportunity to capitalize on such a desirable reward that could drive attendance?!

People often tell me they could do my job better...if the pay were identical to what I make now I KNOW I could do this better.

One thing I saw that concerned me a little bit was they do have a free tuition promotion but they don't require you to be at the game to win...WHY CAN'T WE GET ON THE SAME PAGE??

https://transition.unt.edu/family-weekend/event

"Each ticket bought for the tuition draw is an opportunity to win a free semester's worth of tuition, valued at $4,200.  You can purchase tuition draw tickets for $5/ticket or $20/5 tickets prior to Family Weekend or on-site (at Family Weekend Registration) up until the football game's kickoff on Saturday.

Individuals who purchase tuition draw tickets at orientation will be included in the tuition draw.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

https://transition.u...y-weekend/event

"Each ticket bought for the tuition draw is an opportunity to win a free semester's worth of tuition, valued at $4,200. You can purchase tuition draw tickets for $5/ticket or $20/5 tickets prior to Family Weekend or on-site (at Family Weekend Registration) up until the football game's kickoff on Saturday.

07-minister.jpg

....."There is absolutely nothing to be concerned about

in regards to promotions at North Texas"...

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Is this a promotion arranged by, set up by and run by athletic department personnel? Or, perhaps by the UNT administration to entice families and/or students to attend various Family day activities...not JUST the football game? I really don't know, and while I agree that "attendance" should be required to win, I really don't know how the University could require that IF this were a "Family Weekend" promotion.

Should it have been coordinated with athletics if it was not...YEP (my opinion)

Should attendance be required to win? (Yep...my opinion)

BUT, there is an enticement to attend the game anyway as the name will be announced at half-time of the game. If I had an entry in this thing I would darn sure come to the game to see if I had won! If I were the type of student who did not attend games, I'd probably come until the name was announced and then leave. I do this the game gets some "play" from this promotion. And, you know what...everyone can do everyone else's job better...until, of course, they actually know what all that person does and all the conflicting pressure and responsibilities that job entails. Looking at what happens after it happens and looking from the outside in ALWAYS makes things seem so easy. Check back with me when you actually have that job and let me know how easy it is and how you have made such great improvements. Might happen...you might just be God's gift to that position, but until you walk in those shoes for awhile.......

Sometimes, even the best of minds, and the best of creativity, just can't get everyone to buy in......has happened in every workplace where I have ever worked. Heck...even some of my great ideas when I was leading the bank didn't turn out as great as I had expected...gee...imagine that? Ha! And...I learn something from every crazy hair brained project i attempt here at UNT to support this program or that.....and I get lots of folks telling me how it should have been done or how I can do better next time....rarely does anyone volunteer to help me make it better...just want to tell ME what I should or should not do next time. Think about it.....

Let's all hope this is a game that draws a very big crowd...as Coach mac said at last night's radio show....the team really draws emotion and strength from a BIG & LOUD crowd. Let's all do what we can to give them that BIG CROWD SATURDAY...and, yes, let's hope this promotion...no matter how much better some think it could have been organized...helps put a few student and their parent rear ends in the stands.

WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS INDEED!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I do not know about Texas, but in many states, there are laws governing raffles and similar and you are usually prohibited from making someone be present to win.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking too. Likely the case when you purchase a ticket as opposed to a "free" raffle where they can require you to be there.

Mmmm . . . not exactly. You could get a burger there, but most people (read, "me") went there for their chicken fried steak. I really have no idea what place in Denton fills Texas Pickup's niche, if any.

Yep, although for me it was the CFS sandwiches. It was big enough that you could cut 1/3 of the steak off and eat it separately.