Shout out to Mason "The Badger" Y'Barbo

Harry

I have seen some great offensive linemen in my days of following this program, and I have to tell you this guy may be one of the best I have ever seen.

He reminds me of Andy Brewster -- he's relentless and brings so much on every single play. Go back and watch the replay of the K-State game -- he may not be the biggest guy out there but I think he was the best offensive lineman on either side and that include the K-State giants! When he hit the K-State defensive players you could see the impact he made... this guy hits like a freaking hammer and does it again, and again, and again....

Wow - what a great game Mason!! You made the Mean Green Nation very proud on Saturday!!

I have seen some great offensive linemen in my days of following this program, and I have to tell you this guy may be one of the best I have ever seen.

He reminds me of Andy Brewster -- he's relentless and brings so much on every single play. Go back and watch the replay of the K-State game -- he may not be the biggest guy out there but I think he was the best offensive lineman on either side and that include the K-State giants! When he hit the K-State defensive players you could see the impact he made... this guy hits like a freaking hammer and does it again, and again, and again....

Wow - what a great game Mason!! You made the Mean Green Nation very proud on Saturday!!

I remember some folks that I greatly respect telling me, when Mason was signed by North Texas, that a couple of more inches in height and Mason would have been recruited by many of the top FBS universities.

You 'da man, Mason!

GMG

• Upvote 1

I don't generally notice these kinds of things, but watching the Mean Green Insider highlights, I kept noticing #57 constantly being downfield on plays. On a lot of the plays he was pulling, so it made it likely that he'd be out front, but there were lots of plays where this wasn't the case and he was getting good blocks on the LBs and was moving people around.

Keep it up Mason!

Big fan of Y'Barbo and the entire line. The best news is that three of them are sophmores. I hope B. Feldt heals properly from his surgery, because my one concern moving forward is who replaces The Fort?

If I am not mistaken, I think Y'Barbo can play center also. It may be possible that next year we have a line of LT - Johnson, Jr., LG - C. Feldt, Jr., C - Y'Barbo, Jr., RG - Lemon, Jr., RT - Anyiam, Sr.

• Upvote 1