Derek Thompson

MDH

Thompson had a great game, I only remember one bad throw. Some of you forget that to throw down field you should have someone open. KSU was playing most of the way very soft, allowing the short passing game but preventing long throws. NT did the exact opposite playing hard against the run but single coverage on the long routes.

NT does not have the receiver speed to really go to the long game against top 15 football teams. Chancellor is doubled most of the time and our other receivers are just not as fast as anybody dbs NT has faced including TSU. Bynes and Delgado should have better luck going forward against backs that are a little less athletic and ones they will have a good size advantage on.

• Upvote 1

Thompson had a great game, I only remember one bad throw. Some of you forget that to throw down field you should have someone open. KSU was playing most of the way very soft, allowing the short passing game but preventing long throws. NT did the exact opposite playing hard against the run but single coverage on the long routes.

NT does not have the receiver speed to really go to the long game against top 15 football teams. Chancellor is doubled most of the time and our other receivers are just not as fast as anybody dbs NT has faced including TSU. Bynes and Delgado should have better luck going forward against backs that are a little less athletic and ones they will have a good size advantage on.

I agree completely. DT is pretty much a pro-style QB, and it's not JUST up to him to consistently make the big down the field plays against top 25 competition. There are other players involved. We'll find out soon enough how things go against Belt competition.

I agree completely. DT is pretty much a pro-style QB, and it's not JUST up to him to consistently make the big down the field plays against top 25 competition. There are other players involved. We'll find out soon enough how things go against Belt competition.

I agree as well. What made the TSU performance so disappointing was that it was an FCS opponent that THE TEAM, receivers included so not just Derek, could not convert down-field passes. Very impressed with DT tonight and I feel confident with him going forward.

• Upvote 1

DT was a leader out there tonight, he managed a great freakin game. He was able to diagnose their (admittedly) soft coverage all night, but he only missed a couple times, that's the key. DT has what? 13 starts under his belt now, and the potential for 23 more before he leaves here, I wouldn't write him off as an "average" quarterback just yet.

• Upvote 1

I agree as well. What made the TSU performance so disappointing was that it was an FCS opponent that THE TEAM, receivers included so not just Derek, could not convert down-field passes. Very impressed with DT tonight and I feel confident with him going forward.

Uh, that was the first game of the year after our annual BB game, so he just needs a little time to adjust. I think he showed that he's adjusting with his performance tonight.

Uh, that was the first game of the year after our annual BB game, so he just needs a little time to adjust. I think he showed that he's adjusting with his performance tonight.

Yup, it's in the past. Good to see that he was in that film room correcting things. The eye in sky never lies, so when in doubt go see what all happened according to the tape. Like I've said, this game was a huge step forward and I can't wait to see how he builds off of this game.

I know I've said that he lacks the ability to throw the deep ball and that is my honest opinion based on watching him play, but if he continues to be this accurate we will probably see Canales loosen the reins and open things up down field.

I sincerely want DT to prove me wrong and will be rooting for him to do so, make no mistake about it.