Soccer vs #7 Oklahoma State

10Eagle10

Thanks for the info. How good are OSU and TCU and how do you see our chances in those games?

Oklahoma State is preseason Big 12 favorites and ranked 7th in the country, would feel better if this game was at home.

Went over to OSU's website, was not aware of the winning record we have against Oklahoma State.

I imagine the TCU game will be a brawl considering both schools seem to have a large number of DFW players on their roster, should be a great game.

This one i should be able to make, have to love the way soccer schedules! :goodjob:

Oklahoma State is preseason Big 12 favorites and ranked 7th in the country, would feel better if this game was at home.

Went over to OSU's website, was not aware of the winning record we have against Oklahoma State.

I imagine the TCU game will be a brawl considering both schools seem to have a large number of DFW players on their roster, should be a great game.

This one i should be able to make, have to love the way soccer schedules! :goodjob:

A brawl, as in just a very physical game?

Or, a brawl, as in players sent off for hard fouls?

Or, a brawl as in game is cancelled halfway through the second half because of an actual brawl?

Do the ranking folks just see a loss? Or is there any chance we'd get top 25 votes for playing so close? I'm not sure how it works.

I doubt we get any top 25 votes for two losses. I think this team may be a little too young for the Top 25, although, we should be able to string a bunch of wins together when sun belt play starts, and I do see a win Sunday against a good TCU team. Next year could be the real breakout year. We have a bunch of Freshman on the field in critical positions this year. The fact that we can go toe-to-toe with these teams should be a big confidence builder. All we have to do is get to the NCAA tourney and anything can happen. We've showed that we can compete.

• Upvote 2

Agree, very impressive what this young team is doing this year. If they're not ranked in the top 25 this year, you can sure bet they will be next year.

I mean really, do we have another sport up here that can go on the road against the 7th best team in the nation and play toe to toe with them. WOW!!

Barrng injury, i can see this team making a deep run in the NCAA Tournament this year!

do we have another sport up here that can go on the road against the 7th best team in the nation and play toe to toe with them.

Men's Golf and possibly Men's basketball would be my only picks, but no other sports program at this University can even compare to what the women's soccer team has accomplished. I fell in love with the team my freshman year, and rank them right up with football and basketball in my mind.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1