Wildcats maintain focus on North Texas

Harry

North Texas is 1-1, losing at LSU and beating Texas Southern.

“As I've said to our players,” Snyder said, “it wasn't about Miami, it's not about North Texas and it's not about anybody we play in the future. It's all about our youngsters, our coaches, our team and what we do day in and day out in prepration.

“It really is about us. If we don't make the whole-hearted investment to become a better football team now and down the road, then you have no chance. The bottom line is if you play poorly against North Texas, you lose. If you play poorly against Miami, you lose. If you play poorly against Missouri State, you lose. You've got to prepare yourself well enough to play well, and there are no guarantees after that.”

So, despite being a 28-point favorite, this week is more than a simple tune-up for the Big 12 season.

“Every day is fine-tuning for us,” Snyder said. “It's a matter of trying to be better at what we do. Is it a matter of trying to get everything in order before conference play? I'm trying to get everything in order for our practice today. That's what I'm concerned about.”

OFFENSIVE LINE TAKING SHAPE

Snyder did not address the status of injured offensive linemen Nick Puetz or Cody Whitehair — who are listed Nos. 1-2, respectively, at left guard on this week's depth chart — but is pleased with how the unit is performing.

Read more: http://cjonline.com/sports/2012-09-11/wildcats-maintain-focus-north-texas