What Can We Take From The LSU Game?

Harry

First Impressions

-- That wasn't so bad, was it? Sure, a 41-14 box score isn't getting printed out and placed on anyone's refrigerator with a gold star, but things could have gone a lot worse.

-- Warning: excuse alert. The final score wasn't really indicative of the game itself.

-- Speaking of gold stars, can we get one for defensive back Hilbert Jackson? That guy sent LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger into another dimension, and Mettenberger isn't a shrimp either. YouTube the sack now. We'll wait.

-- There were reasons to be happy with NT's defensive effort (more on why later because someone's inevitably going to point out the fact that LSU had 500 yards of offense).

-- On the flip side, North Texas' offensive performance was about what you would expect against a defense like the one LSU has.

-- The Tigers are going to compete for a SEC West title. They're good, y'all.

-- Player of the game honors for North Texas goes to receiver Brelan Chancellor, who had four catches for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

-- Chancellor outran LSU defenders on an 80-yard touchdown catch and run. I repeat, Chancellor outran LSU defenders.

-- I mean, he flat-out ran away from them. This cannot be emphasized enough.

-- Tiger Stadium is one of the great game day atmospheres in college football. Saturday was a money game for North Texas, but it's a bucket list item for any college football fan.

Read more: http://www.meangreen...&DB_OEM_ID=1800

I would like to point out how well DT performed. Yes he had a pick, but he put the ball on the money a couple of times(in addition to the 2 td passes) where the receivers flat out dropped them.

I thought he showed poise and accuracy against this LSU defense that is one of the best, if not THE best in the country... of course Bama and a few other have a ton to say about that even after just the first week of the season...

Anyways, as long as we are giving props.

Receivers, outside of Chancellor, have plenty to of "catching up to do". Ok, that was bad, but you get my point.

Can't wait for the home opener, even though it is Texas Southern.

Go Mean Green!

Edited by SHOSS
  • Upvote 2