Controversial quarterback Brock Berglund transfers to North Texas

Harry

DENTON -- Brock Berglund, a former Colorado high school quarterback who began his career at Kansas, has left Scottsdale (Ariz.) Community College and enrolled at North Texas.

Scottsdale offensive coordinator Arna Bontempts confirmed Thursday afternoon that Berglund has left the schools and plans to enroll at UNT. A source within the UNT athletic department confirmed that Berglund has enrolled at the school. Berglund was among the top rated dual-threat quarterbacks in the Class of 2011. He visited UNT during spring practice earlier this year.

Berglund did not immediately return a message seeking comment, but maintained that UNT was high on his list of potential destinations after visiting the school in mid-April. “I loved my visit to North Texas,” Berglund said. “They have a great group of coaches and a great group of guys.”

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/unt-mean-green/20120906-controversial-quarterback-brock-berglund-transfers-to-north-texas.ece

Christmas came early. This gives us great insurance at QB next year.

DT

Osborn

McNulty

Brock

QB recruit from Pville Connely

This will give us the ability to redshirt like most programs and be able to get 4 full years after a redshirt year:

learn the system from Chico,

get grades in order,

Conditioned and in shape by Frank W.

This is greatness

That's what I keep reading, which is part of what tempers my enthusiasm. That, and going into next season, he won't have played football for almost 3 years.

The thing is, if he can't play QB, he can play other positions (safety or receiver come to mind).

That's why I like this pick up (as long as he's got his head on straight).

• Upvote 2

Christmas came early. This gives us great insurance at QB next year.

DT

Osborn

McNulty

Brock

QB recruit from Pville Connely

This will give us the ability to redshirt like most programs and be able to get 4 full years after a redshirt year:

learn the system from Chico,

get grades in order,

Conditioned and in shape by Frank W.

This is greatness

Absolutely and this allows us to focus our recruiting on other positions - like defensive line, wide receiver replacing and All Conference punter and landing another tight end.

Absolutely and this allows us to focus our recruiting on other positions - like defensive line, wide receiver replacing and All Conference punter and landing another tight end.

I'd still like to see one more QB in this class.

We are still in catch up mode at that position, especially with Cooper Jones moving to TE.