NT Soccer vs. Baylor

Mean Green Matt

7:00pm on Friday, September 7th.

Mean Green Soccer Stadium

I am getting this started a week early. This is possibly the biggest home game of the year. NT is undefeated. Baylor's only loss is to #15 LBSU 2-1 in OT...in Long Beach. NT beat Baylor the last time the two played in Denton on a rain soaked night in September 2009 by a score of 2-1. That was John Hedlund's 200th Victory.

I cannot express how excited I am about this game. If you are in the area for the football game, or just live around Denton, come out and support this team. This should be a sell-out.

Who's in?

• Upvote 3

I'm also very excited about this game next Friday night, this is going to be an absolute war between two teams that really dont care for each other! I hope our young guns are up to the task.

Noticed in the latest NSCAA poll Baylor is ranked #23 in the nation and just whipped up on Nebraska tonight 3-0..out shot them 24-2. I'm sure Baylor's ranking will go up even higher before we play them. This is going to be a very physical match to say the least!

We need a huge crowd Friday night - lets go Mean Green Nation, support your undefeated soccer team!

• Upvote 2

There is a volleyball game the same night. Hopefully enough people come out to support these teams to where both games sell out. That would require about 1700 people. The vball team went to 6-1 today. These ladies represent NT just like all of the other teams and they deserve the support of the community.

• Upvote 1

Not understanding why the NT/ LBSU game at A&M is set for 10am? Was thinking of driving down for the day to see the girls play against one of the top teams in the country but the time screws everything up. I guess, i will just make the Oklahoma State game the following week - love to see us pull the upset over the #3 team in the nation!

Not understanding why the NT/ LBSU game at A&M is set for 10am? Was thinking of driving down for the day to see the girls play against one of the top teams in the country but the time screws everything up. I guess, i will just make the Oklahoma State game the following week - love to see us pull the upset over the #3 team in the nation!

I didn't notice the LBSU game was the only one in College Station.

I didn't notice the LBSU game was the only one in College Station.

4 teams will be in College Station. TAMU, LBSU, Central Michigan & Mean Green. Central MI will be playing TAMU & Texas State. The TAMU vs. LBSU will be the Fox Game of the week on Friday. Hopefully it's hot and humid (CA teams struggle in our normal weather!) and TAMU wear them down on Friday night!

Bummer for me...I am involved in UNT's Volunteer Leadership Weekend at UNT starting Friday at 4:30PM...so will have to miss this great win for the Mean green. That sucks! I should have looked at the soccer schedule BEFORE I agreed to "volunteer" to be part of this 2-day Volunteer Leadership Weekend event at UNT. That will teach me...do some better research KRAM...next time! Ha! But there is a dinner at Apogee so maybe I can grad a seat by a window and peak across at the soccer pitch! Hope so...

Go get 'em ladies...the Bears are no match for the mighty Mean Green!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2