Bearer of Bad News...Lance Dunbar Released by Cowboys

AndersonUNT

I got news for you guys the Cowboys don't give a $hit about North Texas and I could care less about them!

Well, I gave up on them at some point after the Jimmy Johnson firing when they started sucking really bad. One thing to remember about Jerry the owner is that he was instrumental in bringing about the 53 player roster, resulting in less chance for "bubble" players to stick.

• Upvote 1

Felix Jones is only on this roster because if where he went to college.

Jerry Jobes is a cancer. Used to be a huge Cowboy fan, but over the last couple of years, I find myself caring less and less about then to the point of not knowing who or when they play the next week.

• Upvote 1

Injury + inability to really fit anywhere on special teams. Can't use a roster spot on a guy with no defined role. No doubt, however, they want him on the practice squad. Hope he clears waivers.

Screw the practice squad. I hope that someone picks him up that will play him...at least as a third down back.

• Upvote 1

IF the report is true, why would Lance request to be cut??????

I understand there's a difference between being cut and being released? If he was cut and not released, they could send him down to practice squad? But if released after that big performance, maybe another team would be able to sign him?

I am not 100% certain how these personnel moves work.

So what happens now? Didn't the teams finalize their 53-man rosters last night? Would Lance get picked up mid season by a team with injuries? Does he still get a sweet, sweet paycheck for being on the Cowboys practice squad? All I see is that he was cut.

A practice squad player's minimum salary is $5,700 a week

• Upvote 1