1st Big Play

UNT 04

Assuming Tigers open their 1st drive with a few running play then try to go deep on play action will our secondary break up the pass, get an interception, get to the QB or will they take it to the house?

My guess would be play action deep ball on first or second play from scrimmage. Try to punch us in the mouth right away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The "big name" opponent always does a play action pass against us first play. It's as if we spot them 6 points immediately. Count on it. Or better yet, silence those striped cat fans with a pick 6. Let them spot us 6 points right off the bat.

GO MEAN GREEN

No really

GOOOOOOOOOOOO MEAN GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Hate to be a downer here... but the first 'big play' for North Texas will probably happen in the 4th quarter when LSU's starters are out...unless you count a QB sack as a big play, in that case, we'll have one of those before the end of the 1st half.

Thompson to Chancellor over the middle, and Brelan makes some nifty moves for a sizable gain (~50 yds)/touchdown.

First long pass by LSU is a big play, either way it turns out. Big confidence builder if incomplete, confidence killer if complete.

Another big play is the coin flip. Coach Mac made cryptic comments which leads me to fear special teams play. Any return by LSU < 30 yard line is good fir UNT. Personally, I really hope we won the coin toss.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, I hate when that gets done to us. A recurring nightmare from the Army game at Fouts. We coulda shoulda woulda just gone for it at the time.

I still remember when at Alabama 6-7 years ago we took our first posession all the way down the field and went wide left on the FG attempt....I caught the ball...

Disregard... Nothing to see here.Hate to be a downer here... but the first 'big play' for North Texas will probably happen in the 4th quarter when LSU's starters are out...unless you count a QB sack as a big play, in that case, we'll have one of those before the end of the 1st half.

Thompson to Chancellor over the middle, and Brelan makes some nifty moves for a sizable gain (~50 yds)/touchdown.

Ah yes. Good to see that my prognostication skills are still sharp.