Iowa WR Transfer

UNT SID

Guys

We just wanted to clear up a little misinformation about an Iowa WR transfer and a quote from Coach McCarney.

“He is doing a real good job for us,” McCarney said. “He will be on the plane with us to LSU. He won’t start, but he will play in that first game. He has earned it. There is no question he gives us some depth. I like him a lot.”

The quote was in reference to Darnell Smith, the Ellsworth Community College transfer, which is in Iowa, not to anybody else.

Smith is the only wide receiver currently on the North Texas roster from Iowa, via Garland, Texas. The information about any other names and potential playing time was erroneously reported.

Again, we just wanted to clear up any confusion about who Coach McCarney was referencing and make sure there isn’t anything floating around out there that isn’t factually accurate or give fans the impression that something has happened in reference to other names and schools.

• Upvote 6

Soooo many other misinformed statements made through the (corridor of) years on this board and this is the one that the sports information department chooses to clarify?...... :huh:

Thats' ok - at least we got a clarification.

We were told, what, a year or two ago that this person existed and that he/she would be on the GMG.com board when necessary to provide clarifications or to point out misinformation.

I am glad to see this person is still around; I had wondered if this position was eliminated since that announcement - This is the first time I remember any such posting from this person since that announcement.

Perhaps he/she will be more active in the future in terms of clarifications and correcting misinformation.

• Upvote 2